Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just a thought, but now the price of shipping from US to UK and vice versa, is so expensive, it rather puts the dampers on cross Alantic trading.



I see dozens of For Sale Ads and think 'Thats just what I'm looking for, hope it's in the UK!' Only to be disappointed time and time again when it's in the US.



Would it be possible to have a separate Europe For Sale section?



Interested to know if anyone else thinks it may be a good idea?



Roy
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,739 Posts
imported post

There are already too many forums on the site and to start another one will only make it too confusing for members , You need to watch the for sale forum everyday to keep an eye on the ads
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,739 Posts
imported post

That would be a great help if they would ,I may put a note at the head of the forum to state this . Ciaran
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
345 Posts
imported post

excellent idea Roy W. It would make life easier if they put UK in the header
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,212 Posts
imported post

I like it too even tho I never soldout of USA (yet).



Going this way I can see 4 sections,... too many? :?

USA, UK, Europe&small parts inGENERAL.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
imported post

I was imploring folks to do this ages ago, to save folks having to try and sift through as to which country someone was selling in and it didn't make a blind bit of difference, people still didn't start doing it. It is mostly the UK or Irish members who do actually state where the item is..... very frustrating!!!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,212 Posts
imported post

As did I mentionseperating 1000+1100,1200, 1500 &1800 forums to find info easier/faster.

GWF is rather huge now.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
imported post

FVM wrote:
As did I mentionseperating 1000+1100,1200, 1500 &1800 forums to find info easier/faster.

GWF is rather huge now.
I wouldn't want the different models divided up into seperate forums, lest I missed something and that sort of information is Internationally useful, where as a second hand set of panniers and tour box in Canada would be of little interest to someone in the UK or visa versa.



I wonder if a simple box could be added to the heading in the for sale wanted forum, where people should fill in the country of origin, for the sale? If this were requesit information before the post could be submitted it would always ensure the info was entered.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,212 Posts
imported post

"simple check box" I like.
Basic model info would stay in the header discription for faster searching.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,190 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
I wonder if a simple box could be added to the heading in the for sale wanted forum, where people should fill in the country of origin, for the sale? If this were requesit information before the post could be submitted it would always ensure the info was entered.
David might be able to answer that Pete.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
imported post

wingnut wrote:
Silverfox wrote:
I wonder if a simple box could be added to the heading in the for sale wanted forum, where people should fill in the country of origin, for the sale? If this were requesit information before the post could be submitted it would always ensure the info was entered.
David might be able to answer that Pete.
Don't worry Steve, I will give him some hassle about it whenI talk to him next!!!!!:cooldevil::clapper::cooldevil: I am sure he just buries his head in his hands and shakes uncontrollably when I speak to him about computer stuff!!!!!:cheeky1::cheeky1:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,574 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
wingnut wrote:
Silverfox wrote:
I wonder if a simple box could be added to the heading in the for sale wanted forum, where people should fill in the country of origin, for the sale? If this were requesit information before the post could be submitted it would always ensure the info was entered.
David might be able to answer that Pete.
Don't worry Steve, I will give him some hassle about it whenI talk to him next!!!!!:cooldevil::clapper::cooldevil: I am sure he just buries his head in his hands and shakes uncontrollably when I speak to him about computer stuff!!!!!:cheeky1::cheeky1:

I'll take my meds before you phone and a large dose of beer, I understand you a lot better when squiffy....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
imported post

tanygaer wrote:
I'll take my meds before you phone and a large dose of beer, I understand you a lot better when squiffy....
Well, I just hope you have your hands free kit on in the car, only drinking and talking on the phone is difficult, whilst driving!!!!:shock::cool:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,574 Posts
imported post

Ok to end all speculation.

I have done this in our test area forum and it is doable, I need to discuss this with wingnut as it moves away from the principals of how we have enhanced the forum so far.

If wingnut says no it will be the end of the discussion.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
imported post

of course it is doable, you are a hexpert!!!:shock::D

but I believe it should only go ahead if it doesn't cause a problem to Wingnut. :waving:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,713 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
of course it is doable, you are a hexpert!!!:shock::D

but I believe it should only go ahead if it doesn't cause a problem to Wingnut. :waving:
Trouble maker!!!











:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
imported post

Me trouble maker.... nah!! never. :angel:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,574 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
but I believe it should only go ahead if it doesn't cause a problem to Wingnut. :waving:
Sorry Pete, at this time we will not be doing this as the ramifications across the board as a whole for future upgrades etc may be compromised
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top