Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

who has info on OE fork ears that will fit a gl 1100,now the next part,NOT from a wing.the 1000 is great but will not fit and the 1100 uses the rectangular turn signals and i don't want that either.
the set i have on my 81 has no split w/nut and bolt,the seam is factory welded so it is a tube.i've been trying to cross reference with everything i can find and can't seem to match it up.
originally i thought it was from an 81-82 cb750c but now i see that they use nuts and bolts to tighten around the tube.
the turn signals are the old round style and the signal mount wasn't cut where the extensions would be if it was from an 1100.
i thought this would be easier:shock:
been cross referencing air forks,seals etc to try and narrow the search but between part # updates and discontinued parts i'm thinking of trying different ones until i get a match or proper fit.that will cost me and i'll be left with a wack of ears that won't work.

this has likely been discussed before but i can't find any posts that say that"this model will fit that" period,just lots of discussion and then into aftermarket stuff.

is it possible the ears that the po put on the 81 are not honda?they are oe from someone.

if everyone uses the style with the 2 m5 nuts and bolts to tighten the ear around the fork,then that is what i'll look for,i don't need to match up what i have on the 81,i'm just trying to find out what years and models will fit the 82 gl1100 std.

thanks.......where's my stress pill.:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

well this is a big surprise:shock:,i thought for sure i'd come home from work and see a list of bikes that would be candidates for a swap.

here's the list i can come up with that might work.

81-82 cb750c

81-82 cb900c

81 cb650c

81-82 cb650

80 cb650

80 cb650c

80 cb900c

while looking at these i do see a few that are welded like the ones i have now.the 81 cb650c and the 80 cb900c.

anyone add or remove any of these choices.:baffled:

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

Sorry Blink--Can't help you, but your question is about something that only a very few may have dealt with, so just be a little patient.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
imported post

A buddy at work has an 80 CB900 custom & it has the same frontend as the wing , but uses the popsicle turn signals . I thnk the 81 up used the rectangular turn signals to match the wing though. So i`m pretty sure the 81 900 would be your best bet (don`t know about the rest though) All this stuff has a different part number than the wing & you would think honda would use the same numbers but no.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

yes,honda does like to play with the #'s.just to keep us confused.:cheeky1:

i'm in no big hurry,started at the back anyway and there's ALOT of work to be done.

did you know that a fuel tank can hold a pound of rustand a spare one can hold 2 pounds.:cheeky1::cheeky1:.no luck there.

thanks.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
imported post

Sort of in same boat. Am trying to find fork t. sig mnts for my 78 1000 but have had little luck!

Any feedback is welcome!!
Thanks...Kyle

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

i did get a set of ears and headlight BUT they are not gl ears,indicators or headlight like the seller said.....screwed again.but i did get them to fit and unfortunately due to $$$ that's what i will have to use.

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
imported post

All the 900 Customs used the round signal housings, they didn't go rectangular till 83 when the CB1000-Custom arrived. Bike-Bandit has a lot of parts fiches(sp), but didn't check on any availability. I just mainly use the drawings as reference. :gunhead:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.