Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few days ago I had to return 2 french doors to Lowes because they sent it with wrong opening side. I had a friend help me load them in the trailer.
They are extremely heavy.I dare say close to 300 Lb or more each.
At the store I had 2 employees help me unload them. While I lifted one up I said
"this is one evil planet: we pull in one direction and it relentlessly pulls in the opposite way. It never gets tired".The guys found that very funny.

This brought me thinking to what if:
_ the mankind has to relocate to a very similar planet with Earth but we have a choice of choosing one with higher or lower gravitational pull.
What would it be: higher,lower or the same. What advantages will we have?

How will the buildings, nature , animal life be changed? Will your Goldwing run just as good? Will the Harley guys find their motorcycle parts just as close to the road?
If there would be two civilizations, one living in a higher gravity planet and the other in a lower gravity which one will be more successful?
We don't know. One thing is certain:
Those darn Lowes doors are very heavy.

·
Administrator
25,719 Posts
It's all relative. Everyone and everything would have to adapt to the gravity of each planet. To someone on a lower gravity planet those doors would feel just the same.

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
The Earth Sucks, 9.8m/s²

Reactions: AZgl1800
1 - 6 of 6 Posts