Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Congrats to exavid on his recent promotion to "Senior Guru" :clapper:Well i knew it was only a matter of time untill this happened. :weightlifter: Did you fly :bat:eek:ver to Dublin for the interview. :cool: I would think this Title carries a bigger salary than the ordinary "Guru" but needless to say you wont tell us. :baffled:

Congrats again and very well done. :byebye:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

Does that mean he is the oldest Guru? :baffled:Or been a Guru the longest? Or one of the best Guru's? :stumped:

Congratulations Paul! :clapper:

Bob :11grey:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

AZWinger wrote:
Does that mean he is the oldest Guru? :baffled:Or been a Guru the longest? Or one of the best Guru's? :stumped:
Hey AZWinger :waving: (1) He is the oldest "Guru"at 62yrs. (2) Jason was the first "Guru" :clapper:

(3) exavid isa good "Guru" and spends a lot of time on the forum. :clapper:

His promotion is well deserved. :clapper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
AZWinger wrote:
Hey AZWinger :waving: (1) He is the oldest "Guru"at 62yrs. (2) Jason was the first "Guru" :clapper:

(3) exavid isa good "Guru" and spends a lot of time on the forum. :clapper:

His promotion is well deserved. :clapper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

I couldn't agree more! :cool:

Bob

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

AZWinger wrote:

Congratulations Paul! :clapper:

Senior citizen, senior guru, it's all the same!

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

I look forward to reading everyones posts, but you can tell from exavids that he is sharp, experienced, and a credit to the forum.

Congrats!:weightlifter:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

ubarw wrote:
I look forward to reading everyones posts, but you can tell from exavids that he is sharp, experienced, and a credit to the forum.

Congrats!:weightlifter:
I'm embarrassed, but then I guess my manila envelope reached Ireland okay.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
imported post

Exavid,

:clapper::goofygrin::goofygrin::clapper:Congrats on your promotion. Is it like most promotions. You get the title but no extra money. Whoops, that's right, you don't get paid for this. :skipping:

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
imported post

A view of Mount Rainier and an exalted title-it seems appropriate for a good guy.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Why is it that you always spot these things first Redwing?
Well I think I spoted something that you missed :p. I see Vic (Goldwinger1984) got the promotion to Senior Guru as well. Well done lads, with all the quality posts and dedication you guys have shown here I think it was a mark of respect from Steve and Ciaran. Even though you don't get paid, isn't it nice to know you are appreciated. :clapper::clapper:

I had a look to see if the forum faqs were updated to reflect this and indeed they were;

"...Also, those members who have proved helpful to other users in the Technical Forum and who know their stuff about Goldwings will have the "Guru" title, regardless of number of posts. "Senior Guru" is for the Guru members who have been around a while and who visit the forum regularly and posted a very high number of helpful messages. "Guru" and "Senior Guru" titles are generally given out at the request of other forum members who nominate the particular members to the Administrator or Moderator, who in turn have a look at the nominated members postsbefore deciding to apply the new title. It's all about doing something different from other forums and having a bit of fun!"

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Paul:waving:, congratulations on being the Senior Guru, the only thing I do not understand is why your mana barrells are not full,,,,They sure should be since you have helped so many people with so many problems , All you guys and gals out there who have not given Exavid some mana please do so now....He has more than earned it....:)

:12red::cool:

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

dean_3326 wrote:
Paul:waving:, congratulations on being the Senior Guru, the only thing I do not understand is why your mana barrells are not full,,,,They sure should be since you have helped so many people with so many problems , All you guys and gals out there who have not given Exavid some mana please do so now....He has more than earned it....
The MANA isn't very accurate, or maybe the algorithms that make it work are a bit odd. Either that or enough of the members don't bother to use it enough.

Well done Vic and Paul. Redwings started what I can see being another long thread. I know it's only a title for Vic and Paul, but it is a mark of appreciation and it's attention to little details like that from the forum bosses that make this place such a pleasure to be a part of. Most forum owners wouldn't even bother to acknowledge the efforts of the guys using it, so it's good to know that we do get noticed here.
Well done once again. I always enjoy reading the posts from our two new Senior Gurus.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

Redwing reads all the posts and misses nothing, except when he mislays his glasses. Congratulations on the promotion lads, it's well deserved and there are a lot of Wing owners out there (forum members and people that just lurk) who have been helped out by your knowledge.

[align=center]:clapper::clapper::clapper: :clapper::clapper: :clapper::clapper: :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:[/align]

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
imported post

Reminds me of the movie, "Yank in the RAF".Congratulations Paul, very well deserved.... :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

englishted wrote:
Why is it that you always spot these things first Redwing?
Well I think I spoted something that you missed :p. I see Vic (Goldwinger1984) got the promotion to Senior Guru as well. Well done lads, with all the quality posts and dedication you guys have shown here I think it was a mark of respect from Steve and Ciaran. Even though you don't get paid, isn't it nice to know you are appreciated. :clapper::clapper:

I missed Goldwinger1984's promotion as well! Maybe Redwing and I both need new glasses.:cool:

Another well deserved promotion! :clapper::clapper:

Keep up the good work guys!

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
imported post

Attaboy!!! I know I want to thank you for your input and help on several issues for me. Of course that is along with the rest of you guys too. The whole forum is a wonderful resource and outlet. What's her name thinks its weird how you can get personal with people you've never met and probably never will. It is interesting creating your own conceptions of personalities of the guys you interact with on this medium. Heck, Winnipeg is about the centre of North America, perhaps this would be the place for a Saunders Ho-Down. The fellas across the pond, your due for a North American vacation.

Kyle

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

Well done boys. :clapper::clapper:.
I was one of the people who nominated Vic & Paul for a different title. I think Steve and Ciaran must have worked with Vic & Paul to get a suitable title. I was suggesting the likes of "Elder Guru" and some other tags, but "Senior Guru" is definitely more appropriate and definitely well deserved.

Willy is right, things like this add character to the forum and makes it a fun place to hang out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
imported post

Marky wrote:
Redwing reads all the posts and misses nothing, except when he mislays his glasses.
Yes Marky :waving:I read all the posts and miss nothing. :clapper:I also notice that you have not updated your profile since i asked you. :whip:Update your god damn profile and complete the LOCATION. :whip:

:walker::18red::walker:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
imported post

weewillywing wrote:
Redwings started what I can see being another long thread. I know it's only a title for Paul, but it is a mark of appreciation.
Yes weewillywing :clapper:another long haul. :skipping:I dont know who Paul is, but this promotion for exavid is highly paid and tax free :clapper:because he is an non-resident. :weightlifter:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.