Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Senior Guru
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Anyone remember Paul. Sadly, he was killed on his scooter here in Medford yesterday afternoon. No details as of yet. Maybe medical issue. He was good friends with Motorcycle Pete, till Pete passed.
Also, sad to hear of Joseph Traynor. I always wished I could have hooked up with him.

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
So very sorry to hear of this. I met Paul and so many other wonderful Wingers at NASSIR 1 in Georgia. Always greeted folks with a smile.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,951 Posts
Yes, I remember him. Shocked and so sad to learn this.
Please offer condolences from the forum to his family.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,758 Posts
I remember Paul Wescott very well,
Tried to call him on the phone last month, or maybe two?
went to voice mail, so never knew if it was his phone, are some one else, they did not call me back.

Sadly, he will be missed.
I will update his Username as "passed"

·
Senior Guru
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...Paul started having a pletora of health issues the last several years. But, he hardly missed the Tuesday coffee meet with friends. Sure one sharp guy, for sure. I think he was 79. Boy, could he type fast. Almost faster than he could talk.
.. One guy who used to meet with us was 92 when he passed. He rode almost to the end.

·
Pwhoever
3,252 Posts
That's a name I remember seeing all the time but not for quite a while now. I had forgotten about him. Very sad to remember him by finding out he died. :cry:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey Bob
We passed the crash right by the Olive Garden yesterday. For some reason that name sounds familiar to me. Was he from around here? (Medford area) We came here in 1959 from Elkton

·
Senior Guru
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, from here. He spent many years in Alaska, working for FAA, then he retired and moved to Tacoma for a few, then down to Medford. Probably here at least 15 yrs. He was a fixture at Parkside Cafe, along with a few other of us cronies.

Reactions: OL_ROAD_DAWG

·
Premium Member
12,803 Posts
Sad news to hear. I also met Paul at NASSIR 1. Please Lord provide comfort to the family and bring Paul into your home.
Rest in peace Sir .

·
Administrator
26,962 Posts
Truly sad news. I never met him in person but felt like he was a friend.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes, from here. He spent many years in Alaska, working for FAA, then he retired and moved to Tacoma for a few, then down to Medford. Probably here at least 15 yrs. He was a fixture at Parkside Cafe, along with a few other of us cronies.
RIP Paul.
I'm sure he'll be missed sitting around that table with you all. Parkside Cafe was my place of choice to eat good food and mingle with good people. I retired in 2005 from the City parks dept. and had the privilege of taking care of Hawthorn Park and others throughout the city

·
Premium Member
1985 GL1200 Limited Edition
3,505 Posts
I got lucky and met him at NASSIR 1.. A Really nice guy!!

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
Thank you Bob for contacting me! I was shocked and deeply saddened to hear of his passing!

I met Paul in 2005 after I got my first Goldwing. I had the pleasure Or riding with him for a lot of miles. We did a California trip in 2006 for the WCWJAMR with a group from the Steve Saunders forum. We also rode to Georgia together in 2008 for the first NASSIR. He had moved from Tacoma to Medford either earlier that year or in 2007, so I met up with him in Medford and then we rode to Georgia and back. In 2009 I met up with him and his brother in Utah, south of Salt Lake and, then we rode to Montrose Colorado together. We did a lot of shorter rides together to. I considered Paul a great friend and I’m really going to miss him! I’m praying for peace for his wife and daughters.
John

·
It aint rocket science
3,956 Posts
I too remember Paul as a prolific poster back in the day and could tell from his writing he was a good guy. R.I.P.

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
I never met Paul, but I have read many of his posts and he always was pleasant. Also, I remember he had a ton of posts under his profile. I think it was 36,000 or somewhere in that vicinity.

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
I rode with Paul a few years ago, it was the first time meeting him and he was a really nice guy. R.I.P. Paul.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
...Anyone remember Paul. Sadly, he was killed on his scooter here in Medford yesterday afternoon. No details as of yet. Maybe medical issue. He was good friends with Motorcycle Pete, till Pete passed.
Also, sad to hear of Joseph Traynor. I always wished I could have hooked up with him.
Bob. I'm confused. How was he "Killed" if it was "Maybe a medical issue"
Surely by now your local news has printed a follow up?.

Always sad to read about a fellow rider passing. R.I.P

·
Registered
67 Posts
Bob. I'm confused. How was he "Killed" if it was "Maybe a medical issue"
Surely by now your local news has printed a follow up?.

Always sad to read about a fellow rider passing. R.I.P
My wife is with the Sheriffs office here in Jackson County and all there was A signal motorcycle accident on Crater Lake Hwy. @ Delta Waters near Olive Garden.

Motorcycle hit medium, that's

about all I heard about it. Medford PD responded. Like I mentioned we had passed the accident on that Saturday and it looked bad. R.I.P

·
Senior Guru
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Redwinger. I don't know all the details, but someone said he may have blacked out, then hit that damnable concrete these highway engineers love so much. I've had more than my share of "love" quotes for that miserable concrete.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts