57,158 Posts
imported post

You are The Proud owner of The Worlds Greatest Touring Motorcycle :18red:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

Good stuff indeed! Thanks! document.write('/forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/waving.gif');

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,158 Posts
imported post

[align=center]Welcome stic19 To The Worlds Greatest Goldwing Forum. :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:[/align]
[align=center]Please update your profile and insert your LOCATION. :action:[/align]
[align=center]:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:[/align]

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
imported post

Does an 1100 fall over like the 1800 does? Or does it go all the way down.. Haven't dropped mine, hope not too. I thought they fell over a lot farther... And then I can see picking it up and dropping it the other direction.. Could become a serious comedy act in a hurry...

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

Newer rider spending time going over older posts......this one with the videos is great, deserves a bump now and then!

Thanks for posting it!

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
imported post

I wanted to post a updated list of the videos, as there was another great demonstration by Trialsman at this year's (2008) Wingstock gathering. Paul also gets to show off his new RED 'wing by doing a burnout!

Notice that he kept the yellow helmet. Joe Jackson says that it looks like a bumble bee buzzing a tomato.

From 2007:
Moving the GL1800 without power:
320X240
640X480
Picking up a Dropped GL1800 (with demo - ouch!):
320X240
640X480
Placing the GL1800 on the center stand:
320X240
640X480
Riding the GL1800 on gravel roads:
320X240
640X480
Discussion of Slow Speed Tight Turns:
320X240
640X480
Slow Speed Tight Turn Demos (may not be suitable for younger audiences):
320X240
640X480

New and improved for 2008:

THE BURNOUT.............640X480

U - Turn Demos :
320X240
640X480

If you don't get the file the first time, try again!

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
imported post

chdeshm wrote:
Very good clips and usefull info

I would like to add to the lifting of a dropped bike , A simple bungy cord wrapped around the brake lever will stop that front tire from rolling when you lift :waving:
Echo that!

Regarding the rolling on lift issue - just put it in gear or reverse?

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
imported post

Great video's with lots of helpful hints.I will definitely bookmark this one :cool:

:15red:MUNDS:15red:

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the video's. I can't wait for the warm weather to return so I can practice some of the things in the video's. Thanks for sharing. Not too keen on dropping my bike yet on purpose. :)

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
imported post

Just thought that I'd add a little to the discussion on lifting the dropped bike. This is now how I change the rear wheel out on my GL1800. I loosen the lugs, place a strip of old carpet scrap on the drive, lay her over on the carpet on the Stbd side, extend the center stand and lift it ~ 1 inch (with a floor jack or wood lever) to clear the rear tire+wheel to come free, remove the lug nuts and pull the wheel out. Place the other (there are tons of spare rear wheels for 1800s out there due to trike take-offs) wheel on, spin on the lugs, lower the center stand jack and raise the stand. Make sure the side stand is extended and lift her like Paul shows.:cool: Then remember to torque the lugs! I've done it three times now with no problem or strain.:action:

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
imported post

Thank You for the GREAT videos. I DO understand the couterweighting but I have a question. I have never really understood WHY the road racing motorcycle riders nearly dragging their knee, and their butt is hanging off the seat on the SAME side that they are leaning to. It looks impossible, but when they go into a corner, they scoot their butt off the seat, on the same side, that just sort of amazes me. It looks to me like that could cause PUSHING, or either of the wheels to slide out.Thank You again for the GREAT Tips, I will practice them when Old Man Winter decides to head North.

Blessings

Steve-O GOOD JOB !! :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
imported post

b679995 wrote:
Thank You for the GREAT videos. I DO understand the couterweighting but I have a question. I have never really understood WHY the road racing motorcycle riders nearly dragging their knee, and their butt is hanging off the seat on the SAME side that they are leaning to. It looks impossible, but when they go into a corner, they scoot their butt off the seat, on the same side, that just sort of amazes me. It looks to me like that could cause PUSHING, or either of the wheels to slide out.Thank You again for the GREAT Tips, I will practice them when Old Man Winter decides to head North.

Blessings

Steve-O GOOD JOB !! :cool:
The road racers (and us at speed for that matter) are fighting centrifugal force, something that is not a problem at the low speeds. At very high speed, the bike could touch hard parts levering the tires off of the pavement if the rider does not move more weight toward the inside of the turn to counter the forces. This allows the bike to be a bit more upright. If you have watched the famous "Yellow Wolf and Fuse" video, you heard and saw a lot of scraping. Yellow wolf claims to now be a much better rider, and says that he seldom scrapes a peg due to improved lines and body control. He also says that he now tries to avoid ever crossing the center line (even hanging over it is avoided). Ah, to have such skills as Yellow Wolf and Trialsman!

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

Well i have learned even more than all of you, not only some tips for better riding there is also a double of me on the discusion of tight turns video. A guy to the left of the instructor aks a question and the camera moves to him, there is a tall guy behind him and he looks like me, height and size too, spooky cannot remember going to the states

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.