Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:?:? The time has come for us to fit new exhausts to our 1997 1500se, do we go for the stainless steel Motad or the real McCoy? Big difference in price, so we could do with some feedback from you guys. We have also seen some from USA called Hollywood but dont no anything about these either! Any help would be greatly appreciated, we need to get these replaced before the better weather arrives! Many thanks, Thunderbats :bat:

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

Stainless steel is better than chrome.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
imported post

Living in the UK I know how difficult finding a system can be. On a personal level I wanted a chrome system for my 1200 86 aspencade. Being a self confessed " 5 hours polishing is a pleasure not a chore" the thoughts of havingstainless steelpipes dis-colour within the first 50 miles did not appeal.

After 18 months searching I found a brand new MAC system on ebay. Paid me money, waited for delivery and received a complete system with TWO right headers:pat least they were chrome I suppose.

anyway I have had a hell of a job trying to sort it out and probably would not hve got any where without the help from this site. still waiting for the left header but I am dealing directly with Mac and not the ebay seller MAPCYCLE as they just did not seem interested, never answering emails ect.

So if you go for chrome and usa import, just a word of caution. , But as you say price and availability plus personal choice are what governs your next step. Have'nt heard or seen the Hollywood systems so can't help there but I have seen 1500 systems on ebay.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
imported post

Found that metallic auto paint work polish works very well on stainless motad pipes. the one from halfords work well colour doesn't matter! The only difficult bit is the down pipes. No seals needed for cross over pipe or in the join with the sliencers. Found that putting copper slip into the joints during assembly meant that they come apart when needed.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
imported post

I have had Hollywood Longs on my 99 for two years. They are a little on the load side if you do not get the baffles with them. With the baffles, they are a very nice sounding exhaust but a little loader than stock. Still quiet enough to hear the stereo and talk with a passenger.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

:) Many thanks for all the input guys. Still havent made our minds up, cost might have a lot to do with the final decision!:bat:

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks for that Pinkpork, just had a look at them and I see what you mean dont think they would last that long. Just found a supplier on internet called M&P Direct and they have some Motad ones for about £285, gona have a look at them we wanted round ends and I think these are flat, but money will dictate as usual. Thanks again, Thunderbats :bat:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.