Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

where can i get the exhaust gaskets for my bike. can not find the ones that go between the headers and mufflers? thnks birdseye can find the header gaskets but not the other 2 thnks again!

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Let me know, too. I mad some fillers out of exhaust tubing, splitting them till I ended up with 2 pcs., one inside the other.$ pcs. total.Works just fine, but why they're not readily available is beyond me. Can get plenty of the header to head coppers. Bob

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

Iwent to http://www.bikebandit.com and used the exploded drawing of the muffler system to get the part number. Then off to the local Honda shop (aslo a bandit!) and bought the factory bits.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

The Honda parts numbers are;

18392-MJ4-670, right side
18392-ML8-600, left side

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
imported post

I just when to my local bike shop. Two days later I had the gaskets for about $20.00

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
imported post

Hi all,

I have an 83 Interstate (1100). How would I know if I need to replace the exhaust gaskets? Is there a tell-tale sound or something?

Jack

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

i changed to a different muffler. however the bottom of my exhaust was rotting and had bubble spots on the bottom. email me. thnks birdseye.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

Please remember that these are not gaskets persay.. They are a carbon packing thta any honda shop should have... Just measure your Outer diameter on your header and go there and ask for the packing with a Inner diameter of the same size. You will have to pry open your muffler opening before putting thise in there for they are a tight fit. I just replaced one of mine and messed it up pretty bad and need to replace it again but decided to wait.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

RJClubb. I found tham at ServiceHonda, but don't remember the price. Wasn't too bad. But, there's a 13.00 minimum on shipping, so it's best to order a lot of stuff!!! LOL

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
imported post

Hi, birdseye welcome to the best goldwing site going. Please fill in the year and model of your bike so we can be of more help. Good luck,Bob

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

jsmith24 wrote:
Hi all,

I have an 83 Interstate (1100). How would I know if I need to replace the exhaust gaskets? Is there a tell-tale sound or something?

Jack
If the '83 is like the earlier 1100s, there is no coupling seal. The header and pipes are all one piece.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.