Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Kazi
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Can you put slip on harley mufflers on a 1986 1200 sei. Dealer took my pipes off to put on tire and the exhaust rotted away.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

kazis86wing wrote:
Can you put slip on harley mufflers on a 1986 1200 sei. Dealer took my pipes off to put on tire and the exhaust rotted away.
The first thing to do is find a mechanic that knows what he's doing as there's no reason to drop the exhaust when changing the tyre.

·
Kazi
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

That was the only way he could pull out the shaft at the pipes are bent from when the PO dropped it. On a SN he was able to fix the existing pipes and save it.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

What makes the Harley muffler conversion so desireable is that you can sometimes find some like new takeoffs for a good price.

·
Kazi
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Yeah FeButtler thats why i wanted them because my friend thats working at my bike was a Honda mechanic for years and now is at Harley and could get the slip ons at no cost to me.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

kazis86wing wrote:
That was the only way he could pull out the shaft at the pipes are bent from when the PO dropped it. On a SN he was able to fix the existing pipes and save it.
I glad that you're happy with the out come.
Could you post a picture of the left pipe as I'm still having trouble believing that it's bent enough to prevent wheel removal from just dropping it.

·
Kazi
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Will do when I get the bike back its bent to the point you can not see the muffler unless you crawl under the bike to see it. I will try and get pic when I get the bike back.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
imported post

i would be VERY concerned about the lack of back pressure and the injection system being set up for the original pipes

BUT if you do try it, please let us know how it works out because i have a nice set of pipes off a harley :badgrin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.