Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

where can i find the seals that go between the exhaust pipe and header pipe connection? thanks hoghideman

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Hi. You didn't say which bike it's for, but the one for the 1200 at least is still available from the dealer. Here's the part number.

GL1200 - GASKET, MUFFLER 18391-429-010

Just looked and saw the 1100 doesn't have one, so I assume you mean the 1200.

John

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
imported post

You can also find them on ebay or make you own using a multi-layer of exhaust tape and hi temp gasket sealer.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

You can go to Honda Direct Line to order them. I just looked them up myself yesterday. http://www.hdlparts.com

The gaskets for themuffler are going for $7.85 each, part # 18391-429-010.

The gaskets for the exhaust pipes are part # 18291-286-306, and they run $3.68 each.

My local Honda dealer wants twice that amount for the same parts.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
imported post

Hi, just been reading the messages. I have just joined the site and would really appreciate any advice you could give me.

I have bought a MAC chrome exhaust from Mapcycle via ebay, it arrived with two right headers:shock:

Despite my best efforts ( or should I say the wife's) can't seem to get anywhere with Garrett from Mapcycles.

Do you, by any remote chance have any clue as to who I can contact in the usa who would either do a straight swap, a left header for the extra right one, OR a dealer that could sell me a left header. Have tried to find out a contact number for MAC but no joy.

It's kinda difficult here in the UK, it took me over 18 months to find the exhaust so as you can imagine I am the preverbial bear with sore head, nice shiny chrome bits that I can't fit.

it's a 1200 86 aspendace

Cheers in anticipation:waving:

Many thanks

Dave aka jovirossi46

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the World's best GoldWing forum jovirossi46.

I searched for Mapcycle on the US and UK ebay and the only one that came up was a US member and they have not sold anything. I did find a website for Mapcycle in the UK. They have a phone number listed there. 800-875-2748 http://www.mapcycle.com

If this is not who you are looking for, you can request contact info for the seller from ebay using their form, since you have a transaction with the seller.

John

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
imported post

Hi John,

So good of you to reply, means alot.

I have a contact email which is [email protected], sadly he very rarely responds. I also sent an email directly through the mapcycle website to [email protected].

I received a reply from garrett stating jason was away from work sick and MAC performance were based in california and mapcycle is in tampa bay, due to time difference he was having difficulty getting any response, but he went on to say they had supplied 4 of these systems directly from the factory and they all had duplicate headers as oppose to a left and right. Did'nt fill me with confidence really, but since that contact in November absolutely zilch / zero by way of response.

As you will appreciate, it leaves abit of a nasty taste in your mouth when you have paid almost $1000dollars in good faith and you get screwed. I think my best option is to try and find a new left header for sale, or if it's possible find a good engineer who can make a replica header thatI can then have chromed. Although I have been told that anything made to be chromed has to be made with a slight warp that the chroming process will rectify?

It's not my usual stance to bad mouth others, but right now I feel obliged to warn others that mapcycle in tampa bay probably is'nt the best dealer in town!

Just to add insult to injury every other Mac exhaust site I have found in USA will not export to UK:(

I could have easily bought a stainless steel system, but firmly believed nay insisted that my wing had the chrome she deserved..... as a foot note, the wife is speaking to me now..................just:dude:

dave

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Hi Dave,

Sorry for your troubles. It never should be such a hassle. I did find MAC's website and phone number for you though. Maybe you can rattle their cage and get some help.
http://www.macperformance.com
Toll Free Number: (800) 367-4486
Phone Number: (951) 296-3077

John

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
imported post

Hi John,

Thank you so much for your interest and help. It's absolutely brilliant that someone across the other side of the world can put the time in to find the info and throw a lifeline when your back's agains the wall. It is much appreciated and just goes to show the generosity of a fellow wing rider.

I will keep you informed as to the out come ! mind you if I win the UK lottery this weekend I will make sure to thank you in person and buy you a beer:cool:

cheers and once again many thanks

Dave.

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

jovirossi46 wrote:
I will keep you informed as to the out come ! mind you if I win the UK lottery this weekend I will make sure to thank you in person and buy you a beer:cool:

cheers and once again many thanks

Dave.
Good enough, and if I hit the lottery here this weekend, I'll take you up on that beer in one of your local pubs. ;)

John

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
imported post

Hi John,

What can I say ? Absolutey fantastic news:cool:

Got a reply email from Manny Garcia, tech guy from MAC, he had verified my tale of woe with Garrett at mapcycle, and informs me they are now making my left header as I write and it should be ready end of month.

I really can't thank you enough for your help, it's only because of your interest and consideration that I have managed to get this sorted. It'sguys like you that make guys like me remember why I love bikes. It's an old saying but a true one, bikers are the biggest family of all.

Once again thanks very much for your help and I think that beer has gone up to an entire bar full:cooldevil:

Cheers Dave.

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

That's great news Dave! Glad to hear you're finally getting some action. All I did was get you some contact info and you did the rest, but I'm glad to help when I can. Be sure and let us know when you get the header.

John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.