Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Try JC Whitney??

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

:waving:just about any cycle shop in l.v. or n.l.v. can help you with that one. one that i used was motorcycle tire shop. used to be on civic center and boulder hwy.

geees it`s been years senice i lived there, noth town. good luck wayne.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
imported post

Have you considered placing car chrome exhaust tips at the end of your pipes? Cut them to the length and angle you want. Extremely inexpensive possibility.

What are you wanting to achieve with turn-downs?

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
imported post

I can tell you from first hand experience that you'll not easily find automotive turndowns to fit your 1100, and if you do, they'll cost as much as "made for GL" turndowns.

I got mine from Saber Cycle, who sells them on eBay for less than their website lists them.

The thing that turndowns do are: gets the exhaust further back and helps keep the exhaust from "pooling" under the bag and making its way back up to the dirver or passenger face area. :) It did have one unexpected side effect on mine - it seems to have deepened the exhaust note. It's not louder, just has more of a "bass" to it. I dig the look, too. I'd do it again.

Jack

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
imported post

I understand what changes the turn-downs make, mine has had them for the past 24-25 years. I just wasn't sure which issue that funfunkyron was dealing with. I didn't understand if he was looking to replace the whole exhaust system for a unit with built in turn-downs or just extend his or slip a turn-down over his without extending the length, etc.;)

After adding the light bar the exhaust was too short (appearance wise). After pulling the trailer it stopped the little carbon/water deposits from being sprayed on the front of the trailer.

I have car (regular automotive store)exhaust tips on mine and have been content with the appearance. The mating endis cut at an angle to mount flush with the end of the tailpipe not over it. There is an inner-pipe fabricated to mountbetween the inside of the stock exhaustand inside of the chrome tip. The tip can be removed without any trace it was there.

I know that everbody's expectations of their Wings are different, I was just offering aninexpensivealternative to what I thought would be overpriced tips. Last chrome tips I bought formy camaro were only $5 each. I can't imagine that the tips on my Wing were any more expensive than that back in '81.

I do like the sound ofturn-downs over those who are running without them.:action:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.