Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Steve just wanted to know if you know of any aftermarket exhaust systems that will work on my 1982 GL1100a aspencade or any good sites for parts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

Welcome to our favourite Wing forum cmeador. Motad of course still do their sets, both in stainless and chrome versions. BTW, who is Steve?

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

Where can you buy a Motad on this side of the pond? I have not been able to find anyone selling over here:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

The MAC exhaust seems to be a popular replacement. It is available from many motorcycle part suppliers. The one that I have had good luck with is The Wing Things Company and they have one of the best prices I have seen. ($350.00):cool:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey cmeador :waving:Welcome to the best Goldwing forum on the net. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
imported post

cmeador,

One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet, is using a set of gl1000 headers, & a set of Harley mufflers. A lot of gl1100 owners are doing this. The NEW Harley mufflers can be had relatively cheap on eBay ($20-$50). One of the first things a new Harley owner does it take off the quiet stock mufflers (what the point of having a machine that fires on forty-five degrees if you can't hear it?:cheeky1:). You would have to make a bracket for the muffle, but they look & sound nice.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Frenchy wrote:
cmeador,

One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet, is using a set of gl1000 headers, & a set of Harley mufflers. A lot of gl1100 owners are doing this. The NEW Harley mufflers can be had relatively cheap on eBay ($20-$50). One of the first things a new Harley owner does it take off the quiet stock mufflers (what the point of having a machine that fires on forty-five degrees if you can't hear it?:cheeky1:). You would have to make a bracket for the muffle, but they look & sound nice.
I did the conversion and it works great. Here's a link to what I posted on this site.Asearch using the words, 'Harley' and 'mufflers' netted the following http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=590&forum_id=1&highlight=harley+mufflers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.