Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The complete exhuast system on my 82 GL1100 is rusted out. I have a chance to buy a good system (headers and mufflers) from an 84 GL1200. Will they fit my GL1100?

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Don't think so. The 1100 pipes will fit the GL1000, but the exhaust ports are wider apart on the 1200 heads so I can't see this being a plug & play job.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

gaillarry wrote:
Finally got a 1200 exhuast system and it fit the 1100 perfectly!
Great, now we have one more nugget of knowledge for the Goldwing lore!

:clapper::15red::clapper:

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

That's great to know gaillarry. Did the whole 1200 system bolt on without problems, or did you just use the headers?

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I used the complete system. Note that its a straight pipe system, there's no collector box between the pipes. I'll take some pics and post them.

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

Interesting, because the GL1100 has exhaust manifolds that go straight back and the GL1200 exhaust manifolds sweep up at an angle and have a center collector.

I wonder if someone adapted the 1100 pipes to the 1200 and now they are being reinstalled on an 1100?

Can't wait to see the pics. Where are you located in Canada gaillarry? I'm down in southwestern Ontario. If you close by, get in touch and I'll buy coffee just to meet you and have a look at your new pipes.

Vic

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

Maybe you could ride down to Tobermory on July 25 and show us the pipes. A group of us will be there and another fellow, named Zrider, will be riding down from Sudbury and crossing over on the ferry. Maybe you could hook up with him and ride over to meet us.

Vic

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.