Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have been enjoying this dry weather, riding most every day, but I didn't realize we were on a record setting pace!
John

Credit: Karen Sinclair |
This could be Seattle's driest December ever
by KING 5 News,
KING5.com
Posted on December 14, 2011 at 2:39 PM
Updated today at 2:47 PM

SEATTLE – If the past two weeks are an indication of what’s to come, this could be the driest December ever in Western Washington.

The record low for December rainfall is 1.37 inches at Sea-Tac Airport, where the official records for Seattle are measured, set in 1978. The average rainfall for December is 5.62 inches.

As of Wednesday afternoon, only 0.3 inches of rain has fallen at Sea-Tac. That’s 2.34 inches less than where we should be by this date and 5.8 inches less than this time last December.

Is that going to change soon? Looking ahead at the next two weeks, KING 5 Meteorologist Jim Guy said he doesn’t see any systems that are “that impressive.” Latest forecast

There has been just two days of measurable rain at Sea-Tac this December compared to 16 days in November.

The record for most December rainfall was 11.85 inches in 1979.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
imported post

Now, don't get to boasting 'jes yet............a LOT of rain still to come here in the Pacific Northwest 'jes yet!

T.

·
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

tnoort wrote:
Now, don't get to boasting 'jes yet............a LOT of rain still to come here in the Pacific Northwest 'jes yet!

T.
Oh I am well aware, but sure have been enjoying these dry days at a time of year that we are usually getting wet almost daily. :cheesygrin:

John

·
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

WINGMOB wrote:
Here, here been riding everyday mostly afternoons, due to morningicy conditions down south Spanaway Puyallup area.
Yeah I've been seeing some frosty roads some mornings, butItake it real easy until hitting the arterial and even the side streets have been OK in the travel part of the lane. The only pucker time I've had from the ice so far is in one parking lot at lunch time. Apparently they hadn't turned off their sprinkler system yet and the driveway which is fairly steep was iced up. I wasn't able to see it until it was too late so I went down it very gingerly, and they had salted it so Ihad some traction on the salt.

John

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

From all us down here in Texas... who are still gripped in the worst drought in recorded history... EVER! We say, "Hush your mouth!"

Be thankful for any rain you get... fall face down and praise GOD that you are getting any rain at all... many of us here would gladly butcher our grandmothers with a chainsaw to have some sustained moisture fall from the sky... we are nearly 30" behind for this year. It's not severe... it's not critical... it's EXCEPTIONAL.

Unprecedented... weird... unusual... and happening more and more frequently... the new normal summer high is 118...

I haven't mowed my dirt... (which used to be called my lawn) since the first week of March 2011.

These are the old hard facts here in Texas... the climate is changing....

Be wary of being overly jubilant of a dry spell...

Very soon a day may come when we all pray for rain...

·
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Oh I am thankful for rain too, but Iwas not as thankful for it this Summer, which I think ended up being the wettest in history! It was a very wet Winter last year too, with 57 feet of accumulated snow on my favorite pass, Chinook, and 79 feet of accumulated snow on the North Cascades pass. The North Cascades pass reopened for the Summer the latest it has ever reopened, and Chinook opened the third latest it had ever reopened. There was still 5'-8' of snow in Mount Rainier National park in mid-July. The flowers are all normally in bloom then. I would have gladly sent our rain your way ifI could, especially during NASSIR 4. :sadguy: We're in some different weather patterns for sure. Global climate change? Sure, it's happened all through history, temps rise and temps fall, globally,and therefor it's pretty hard to believe that man is causing it, since much of that happened before man even had any noticeable carbon footprint. ;)

John

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
imported post

Yes John, dry. But colder than Karen's black heart.

·
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

tlbranth wrote:
Yes John, dry. But colder than Karen's black heart.
:ROFL::ROFL: That's what Gerbings are for my friend. ;) Probably won't work on Karen's heart though. :D

John

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

79/64 and clear skies down here, awesome riding weather...

·
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Kimswang wrote:
79/64 and clear skies down here, awesome riding weather...
Yeah yeah yeah, I'll ask ya how you're doing in July. :D

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Strangeconditions in other places... Snow is usually here around Holloween, there-abouts.

Very odd for this locale to've had none to speak of. It's mid December??? >>> :wtf:

·
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Well I should have known that my mentioning this topic would be the kiss of death. Today we were supposed to have "scattered showers" then back to dry for the next couple of days. I rode to work in the rain and it rained or drizzled pretty much all day. We probably ruined our chance for a record. lol

John

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
imported post

Rarely ever rains here, so i've been riding daily. light jacket during the day, heavier at night. still using summer gloves, but starting to look for winter ones soon.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
Well I should have known that my mentioning this topic would be the kiss of death. . lol

John
Warned ya!:ROFL:

·
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

tnoort wrote:
Jluvs2dive wrote:
Well I should have known that my mentioning this topic would be the kiss of death. . lol

John
Warned ya!:ROFL:
:ROFL::ROFL:But the good news, back to sunshine today and tomorrow. :banana::jumper::banana:.

John

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

We are supposed to have our webbed feet by now ..... right?

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
imported post

scotterichmond wrote:
Ya, that or a bad foot fungus!

T.

·
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

scotterichmond wrote:
yep, along with a good start on our rust colored tan. :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.