Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

ok, so maybe i am overlooking something. i tried for the 1st time ever today to use the air outlet inside of the saddle bag to fill up a tire. i hooked up the official honda hose, pulled it onto the tire and hit the outlet button.....nothing. no motor noise or anything.

i then hit the increase and decrease and the motor kicked on for the suspension so i know the pump is working, but my question is how to i get it to work for the external outlet to fill things up.

thanks

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
imported post

The ignition switch has to be in the PARK position, which, I believe, is the first notch counterclockwise from the ignition off position on the switch. The compressor outlet button will only function when the key is in the PARK position. Took me a little while to figure this out on my 85 Aspy. This is corroborated in the owner's manual.

TDS

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

thanks, you know i was gonna try that too, but for some reason did not. anyways thanks for your help. i got no manual with this bike, just a repair manual which usually doesn't tell you how to operate stuff, just how to fix it.

this board is great.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Topcop, one restriction on the air pump is that it shouldn't be run for over five minutes at a time according to the owner's manual. Apparently it will overheat, don't know if the thing has any thermal protection but it doesn't sound like it.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
imported post

Well that answered my question about the pump too. Never thought to put the key in park.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.