Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The following was post http://www.gl1200goldwings.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=4008 and just in case some members here might be interested who live in the Kentucky Tennessee area.
Maybe drop over to the forum and register your interest.

tricky

Well... a few of us have been kicking around the idea of having an alternator workshop in the Spring. Seems that late March or early April would be best.

Don "Poorboy" has offered to give away one of his alternator kits and I would find us a suitable location where we could do some installs over the weekend. It wouldn't have to be limited to alternators but that would be the main focus. I'm thinking a long weekend so we could get several in and out. Have my friends the Bar-B-Que guys come in for food, etc.

I could also put together some tour packages for those who would like to attend the Opry or Midnight Jamboree. Lots of good riding area around Middle TN so while some of us wrench, others could ride.

I don't know how to do a sticky so if everyone wants to get involved perhaps the admin could do that for us to keep it alive for awhile.

If there isn't much interest we'll let it die.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,650 Posts
imported post

tricky wrote:
I don't know how to do a sticky so if everyone wants to get involved perhaps the admin could do that for us to keep it alive for awhile.

If there isn't much interest we'll let it die.

I stuck it up for you so it won't drift away. Give one of the moderators a PM if it looks like it has run out of gas. Okay?

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Update to the alternator workshop.
Anyone interested in going can PM me with their email address and I shall forward it to Sundance on the gl1200 forum.

OKAY GUYS, HERE WE GO.
I am getting into the planning stages. Don has graciously agreed to donate one of his conversion kits for the workshop and to bring a lift and tools. I'm looking for a facility where we can work and i can provide some of the needed tools, compressor, etc.

Here's what i need from you:

Let me know what other events you are aware of that we need to work around for schedule. I'm thinking maybe early April for this.

Let me know if you can bring some of your own hand tools, etc.

Let me know how many days you want to be here. I'm thinking Friday, Sat., and finish up Sunday afternoon. (I'll be in church Sunday AM)

I can have food catered in (I'm thinking B-B-Q)

I don't want to charge anybody for this but we'll need a small contribution from everyone to cover the cost of the facility, etc. so let me know what you think is fair.

THEN THE BIG THING:
I need to have a clue how many will come (depending on schedule of course)

If we only have a half dozen, I won't need a large place, but if there are 20 or 30 I'll need to plan accordingly.

SO...... FEEDBACK NEEDED. THANKS GUYS.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

If anyone is interested in this workshop, please contact [email protected] directly, he is arranging it and needs to know how many likely will attend... he wants to make sure there are enough hot dogs to go around :)
He needs to know in order to arrange a large enough shop.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

UPDATE-UPDATE-UPDATE

Okay guys, I've located a place where we can work. A company near me has a lot of storage and work bays that they rent out. It appears that I can get one that will accommodate 6 bikes and have plenty of room for working on them all at the same time. We won't know exactly what will be available until the date gets nearer but it looks good.

I have two dates that will work so I'll take a poll and determine. The first weekend in April would be 3, 4 and 5 or we could do the 17, 18, 19 weekend. The weekend between those is Easter so we want to avoid that. It looks like we'll need to get about $20 per bike to cover the cost of the facility. I'll set up a registration so the we can have that to draw from for the free alternator kit that Poorboy will donate.

[email protected]

let me know which date you guys prefer.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Update

I have nailed down the shop and I have a 10" x 25" area where we can work inside with power and lights. I have ridden most of middle TN and I'm getting together a series of rides that I will map out in groups like: "15 miles, 2 lane, lots of twisties,"
"30 miles, some 2 lane, some 4 lane, mostly sweeping curves", etc. I'll have those mapped when you get here so anyone can head off at will without getting lost.

I've gotten a few requests for registrations but not as many as I expected. I know it's early yet, but I'd like to be prepared, so let me know so I can get a head count going. I really look forward to meeting you guys. :p

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

Hey Tricky, I emailed Bill and am going to be there. I will be mailing him my money on Monday and look forward to the swap and meeting some new folks. Thanks,

Jeff

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Hey guys, I would love to be there but the weather doesn't suite my bike. But those that go can let the rest of us know. :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

It seems that due to lack of interest the planned alternator workshop has been cancelled"

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
imported post

Well if you guys want to meet at my house, come on down. I got three 1200 wings that are just itchin for some donated labor.:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

take me out to the ballgame. GOD BLESS HAREY CAREY GO CUBBIES:clapper::clapper::clapper::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.