Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
imported post

;)hi all,can i start off by saying i did not mean it as yelling,the "caps lock" was still on AND I AM SORRY :Donly jokeing,any way to the matter in hand,my bike is a 1984 1200 ae special edition,colour is champagne with brown inserts (a bit like "muffys" bike )thanks for all replys very much appreciated...bri,sunderland,england.:waving:

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Losing a toy, or a piece of a toy is certainly not devistation! Losing a loved one is devistation... and even that you have to live through and survive.

Devistation is too strong a word for losing something that can be replaced!

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
imported post

hi all,sorry about your bad deal marco,i think you have taken this out of context,as for a loved one passing ive been there twice ,hope things get easier for you and all involved.bri.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
imported post

hi vic,i like your thinking ,very novel and humorous:Di know its only a bike but i did get a dumping feeling in my gut when i looked down after de-mounting my bike...any way it made me titter when i read you reply,many thanks ,bri,sunderland ,uk.:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

Well, on my way home from work today I felt a tap on my left leg. When I looked down, my battery cover had come loose. The only thing that saved it was the passenger floor board was up. From the scratches on the cover, I would say this has happened before. Maybe these cords would a good addition on the side covers. They just need to be able to be unhooked when you need to get the cover out of the way.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
imported post

I've heard of people making retention cords for the battery and right side covers out of fishing line or some such material. Haven't tried it myself, but I did just get a package of new grommets to keep the covers held tightly in place. You'd think they were made of gold with the prices they bring on eBay!

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

jwinter75, if you look above you'll see that MR1200 posted a place where you can get those sidecover grommets very cheap.

Bri, a couple of years ago I lost a side cover for my Wing just after giving it a fresh paint job. I know that dumping feeling all too well and I still dart my eyes all over when I pass the place where I think I lost it. The worst part is that it was school bus yellow and very bright and shiny. How could I not find something like that? LOL

Oh well, got a nice mettalic beige replacement for $80., painted it yellow and now I ride with my legs gripping both side covers so I can't lose them. (just kidding) but, I should fasten them with a safety wire or cable so I don't have to worry about them.

Vic

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Sometimes you get lucky, one of those little plastic clamp covers on the clutch fell off my bike a couple months ago. Luckily I knew about where it came off but I was going at 60mph and couldn't stop. A couple weeks later I went out to the area, walked about 2 miles on each side of the road looking for the thing. I could find new ones on the bike sites but they were all chrome plated and I wanted my black one back. To make a long story short about the time I walked back to my parked bike ready to give up, there it was! I'd parked right beside the thing, it was in the edge of the grass right beside my bike and no one had run over it!

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
imported post

Goldwinger1984, That's where I got mine from. They were something like $6.95 for the package of 10. Cheap insurance if you ask me! I also ordered some other stuff but they were out of the driver's backrest I wanted....bummer!

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
imported post

hi all,looks like ive opened a can of worms" as the saying goes" with my bad luck i hope ive saved some poor riders bits off there bike from disapearing into the wilderness like mine,i do think things happen for a reason(getting a bit deep,sorry):Danyway it will get sorted ....thanks all,bri,sunderland,england.;)

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Hard luck Bri, it's not the first time I've heard of this happening. I'd say the air was turned blue when yuou realised what had happened!:thumpingmad:

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
imported post

I had something blow off once, can't remember what, and I got back to it, just in time to see it get run over!!

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
imported post

hi jim, your bike is the same colour and spec as mine ,anyway if i cannot get a replacement here (britain) i willget back to you...

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
imported post

I am looking for a right hand pannier cover of an 82 aspencade, saw your post, is it what you have, if not thanks anyway.

Many thanks from a new member.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,722 Posts
imported post

croftee wrote:
I am looking for a right hand pannier cover of an 82 aspencade, saw your post, is it what you have, if not thanks anyway.

Many thanks from a new member.
Luck be with you croftee if he still has it. That post is two years old.........

let me be the FIRST to welcome you to the forum. You have found the single best goldwing forum on the planet!

I'll let others warn you of bad things lurking about though..............

Welcome!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.