Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
imported post

PatinIdaho wrote:
What the heck is a Pannier? Im clueless on this one.

Pat

Do we "really" need an English lesson on this side of the pond?

SAMPLE:

PANNIER = Saddlebag
BOOT = Trunk
BONNET = Hood
LUCAS ELECTRICS = Sudden Total Darkness.
LIFT = Elevator

I mean... You figured out the rest of the forking thing

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

when i got my wing it had no saddlebag keeper cords, so i bought 2 sets of ebay, a set for spares, trouble is they didnt last, i kept pulling the eyes off one end, so i replaced them, got some speaker wire and soldered the eyes on each end, now they dont come off,

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

OK I can't see the pictures posted and can't find them on Wings and things..

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

I know that this won't make it any easier for anyone who has lost a piece of plastic recently, but this topic comes up about every year, and has been discussed time and time again. I have had teathers on my danglers ever since I got the bike--I use small bungee cords with small shiney hooks that go thru small holes drilled into the inside of the plastic. The stretchy cord allows you to move the side covers away a bit when youhave to remove them. Standard lanyards for the pannier covers.( We don't have many saddles here in NS):cheeky1:

I know of some local riders who have not yet installed teathers, in spite of my urgings.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Had them on my 1200. The only downside at all is you have to be careful when taking the lid loose that you don't scratch the side of the box. I put new rubber in the lid seal on my previous bike, the latches were pretty loose, didn't snap down. A new seal rubber snugged things up nicely.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
imported post

Many thaks for the kind welcome, i am new to Aspencades but have fallen in love with them already and feel this will be my first intro bike, already want to move up. As a born again biker, I am besootted with it. Many thanks.

Mark

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
imported post

1200bikes have you tried this guy?......

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/

He has a few pannier lids for sale (beige?) at £59 each and it might be worth a email or phone call to him as he doesnt always list everything he has in stock. I think all his stuff is brand new too!

Roland

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
imported post

croftee wrote:
Many thaks for the kind welcome, i am new to Aspencades but have fallen in love with them already and feel this will be my first intro bike, already want to move up. As a born again biker, I am besootted with it. Many thanks.

Mark
WELCOME croftee. :waving:You'll find lots of helpful information here. Please update your profile and include your location. As you can see, we're from all around - USA, Canada, Great Britian, etc.

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

croftee wrote:

Mark
Mark you can also get help and info on your bike at www.gl1200goldwings.com

Vic

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
imported post

Many thanks to everyone for the kind welcome and excellent advice. I am delighted to have joined, and have a wing. I hope I get chance to help you all as much as you have helped. Many thanks

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Devistated? I might be devistated if something terrible happened to someone who was close to me, but a pannier? Panniers, bikes, your house, job, car, etc. can be replaced. Pissed or dissapointed yes, but devistated?. Maybe you have a different definition for devistated on that side of the pond.??

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.