Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

F****ING DEVISTATED

6K views 50 replies 25 participants last post by  axelwik 
#1 ·
imported post

:(HI ALL,IM DEVISTATED...MY LEFT TOP PANNIER FLEW OFF SOMEWHERE BETWEEEN PICKERING AND THE A170 &A19 NORTH OF ENGLAND ON SATURDAY,IT WAS LOCKED AND SECURE ,HOW THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN? I WOULD ASK YOU ALL TO SECURE YOUR TOP PANNIERS (AS I AM GOING TO DO) WITH SOMETHING FASTENED TO THE TOP INSIDE OF THE PANNIER....SH*T,BO**OCKS,IM SO PI**ED OFF...sorry all about my curseing but i am really pi**ed off....bri.:gunhead:

#27 ·
imported post

I've heard of people making retention cords for the battery and right side covers out of fishing line or some such material. Haven't tried it myself, but I did just get a package of new grommets to keep the covers held tightly in place. You'd think they were made of gold with the prices they bring on eBay!

#28 ·
imported post

jwinter75, if you look above you'll see that MR1200 posted a place where you can get those sidecover grommets very cheap.

Bri, a couple of years ago I lost a side cover for my Wing just after giving it a fresh paint job. I know that dumping feeling all too well and I still dart my eyes all over when I pass the place where I think I lost it. The worst part is that it was school bus yellow and very bright and shiny. How could I not find something like that? LOL

Oh well, got a nice mettalic beige replacement for $80., painted it yellow and now I ride with my legs gripping both side covers so I can't lose them. (just kidding) but, I should fasten them with a safety wire or cable so I don't have to worry about them.

Vic

#29 ·
imported post

Sometimes you get lucky, one of those little plastic clamp covers on the clutch fell off my bike a couple months ago. Luckily I knew about where it came off but I was going at 60mph and couldn't stop. A couple weeks later I went out to the area, walked about 2 miles on each side of the road looking for the thing. I could find new ones on the bike sites but they were all chrome plated and I wanted my black one back. To make a long story short about the time I walked back to my parked bike ready to give up, there it was! I'd parked right beside the thing, it was in the edge of the grass right beside my bike and no one had run over it!

#32 ·
imported post

hi all,looks like ive opened a can of worms" as the saying goes" with my bad luck i hope ive saved some poor riders bits off there bike from disapearing into the wilderness like mine,i do think things happen for a reason(getting a bit deep,sorry):Danyway it will get sorted ....thanks all,bri,sunderland,england.;)

#40 ·
imported post

croftee wrote:
I am looking for a right hand pannier cover of an 82 aspencade, saw your post, is it what you have, if not thanks anyway.

Many thanks from a new member.
Luck be with you croftee if he still has it. That post is two years old.........

let me be the FIRST to welcome you to the forum. You have found the single best goldwing forum on the planet!

I'll let others warn you of bad things lurking about though..............

Welcome!

#41 ·
imported post

PatinIdaho wrote:
What the heck is a Pannier? Im clueless on this one.

Pat

Do we "really" need an English lesson on this side of the pond?

SAMPLE:

PANNIER = Saddlebag
BOOT = Trunk
BONNET = Hood
LUCAS ELECTRICS = Sudden Total Darkness.
LIFT = Elevator

I mean... You figured out the rest of the forking thing

Attachments

#42 ·
imported post

when i got my wing it had no saddlebag keeper cords, so i bought 2 sets of ebay, a set for spares, trouble is they didnt last, i kept pulling the eyes off one end, so i replaced them, got some speaker wire and soldered the eyes on each end, now they dont come off,

#43 ·
imported post

OK I can't see the pictures posted and can't find them on Wings and things..

#44 ·
imported post

I know that this won't make it any easier for anyone who has lost a piece of plastic recently, but this topic comes up about every year, and has been discussed time and time again. I have had teathers on my danglers ever since I got the bike--I use small bungee cords with small shiney hooks that go thru small holes drilled into the inside of the plastic. The stretchy cord allows you to move the side covers away a bit when youhave to remove them. Standard lanyards for the pannier covers.( We don't have many saddles here in NS):cheeky1:

I know of some local riders who have not yet installed teathers, in spite of my urgings.

#45 ·
imported post

Had them on my 1200. The only downside at all is you have to be careful when taking the lid loose that you don't scratch the side of the box. I put new rubber in the lid seal on my previous bike, the latches were pretty loose, didn't snap down. A new seal rubber snugged things up nicely.

#47 ·
imported post

1200bikes have you tried this guy?......

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/

He has a few pannier lids for sale (beige?) at £59 each and it might be worth a email or phone call to him as he doesnt always list everything he has in stock. I think all his stuff is brand new too!

Roland

#48 ·
imported post

croftee wrote:
Many thaks for the kind welcome, i am new to Aspencades but have fallen in love with them already and feel this will be my first intro bike, already want to move up. As a born again biker, I am besootted with it. Many thanks.

Mark
WELCOME croftee. :waving:You'll find lots of helpful information here. Please update your profile and include your location. As you can see, we're from all around - USA, Canada, Great Britian, etc.

#49 ·
imported post

croftee wrote:
Many thaks for the kind welcome, i am new to Aspencades but have fallen in love with them already and feel this will be my first intro bike, already want to move up. As a born again biker, I am besootted with it. Many thanks.

Mark
Mark you can also get help and info on your bike at www.gl1200goldwings.com

Vic

#51 ·
imported post

Devistated? I might be devistated if something terrible happened to someone who was close to me, but a pannier? Panniers, bikes, your house, job, car, etc. can be replaced. Pissed or dissapointed yes, but devistated?. Maybe you have a different definition for devistated on that side of the pond.??

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.