Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Selling my beautiful 1990 Wineberry red Goldwing because I bought a newer model. It has 114,000 well cared for miles. New tires front and rear and new rear brakes. Superbrace on the forks, Compufire alternator, heated grips, ring of fire, dual tone airhorns and really good looking, tasteful, light and chrome package. Headlight is upgraded to the '99 / 2000 model style. The only issue is the reverse is not working right. It will move the bike about a foot then stop. I was going to take it in the shop this winter but picked up another bike so this one has to go. Email or PM me for more info or my phone number. $4500

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Nice Wing, I like those air horns and may try mounting some like that on my 88 maybe.

Reverse works off the starter, if it moves about a foot in reverse I'm just wondering if the starter itself is weak or something else.
If a weak starter maybe starting the engine is not as much load, but reverse overloading it and causing it to get hot?
Or even just a bad connection on a cable?

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
imported post

On my 94 Aspencade I had the reverse problem found it to be the switch at the handle. Bought it from the dealer for $16 FleaBay people want anywhere from $26-55 for a used one.

Flash

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

I cant believe some one hasn't bought that beautiful bike yet. maybe if I can sell my trike. and you still have it I know there is hope out there that I can build anoter trike some day if I have to look at it and just start it everyone and awhile to keep it up. heres my fingers crossed for both of us.

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

Well my trike is sold but there isnt enough left over to buy your "Beautiful well cared for wing",man its pretty and its just broke in good everyone knows they can go 300,000 or better if taken care of.
so best of luck with the sale.
I still cant believe it not gone already.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Ya, me too!

If I had the money I'd snatch this one, in spring have the starter issue fixed on my gray 88 and sell it for almost as much maybe!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.