Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I realize you guys don't know me from Adam, but I do good by my word and can provide references upon request.

I recently purchased said '84 GL 1200i with hopes to get.the title and start building a "naked wing." I found out that I cannot obtain the title, so the bike is being sold as is or in pieces. The front calipers, windscreen, small trim around front fairing and some other minor pieces are gone. The plastics, engine (with 34k miles) and rolling frame are still available. It does have a hitch, and a very good speedo cluster. I would love to sell it whole but will take offers on whatever you need. The carbs will need to be cleaned before it will run on its own, but I have had the engine running to confirm no noise. Will provide compression #'s upon request.

Asking $350 for the engine with carbs.

You can pm me here and I'll give you my cell # if you want to talk.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I posted a pic. I meant to do that yesterday. Sorry :)

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

I would be interested in the add on foot pegs and brackets

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
imported post

I'm in need of the lower inner fairing cowl pieces (they attach to the fairing lowers on the inside), the front forks, and could possibly use the carbs if you are willing to sell them separately. Also need the latch (preferrably with a key) for the faux tank, if possible. Please advise on pricing ASAP. My wing is down and need these parts to get her going again (particularly the front forks).

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Ok, I think I have replied to everyone. If I missed you, please let me know. Thanks for all the interest!

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I almost forgot, the lids for the saddle bags are not pictured nor is the trunk. I do have both pieces as of yet. Here's another pic.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Don't forget, all this stuff will be sold somehow, including if I have to haul it away for scrap when I get down to it. lol Everything is OBO and I will not refuse a resonable offer. Some of the chrome is rusting bad in places, some not. Overall I believe that it's in pretty decent shape to be an '84 that has been in and out of the weather for a while.

I also feel like I have forgot someone in a PM. If this is the case, please let me know and I will be back with you! :)

Added a pic of what I think is a pretty cool clutch reservoir cover.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

I've had some interest in the hitch and I can't send a pic in the pm's so here it is.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
imported post

Hello I see one wind wing on it i would like it or both one of mine are broke and the chrome that goes around the trunk is it rusty or ok is so what how much also what about the pass foot board assy.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

ROTORHEAD wrote:
Hello I see one wind wing on it i would like it or both one of mine are broke and the chrome that goes around the trunk is it rusty or ok is so what how much also what about the pass foot board assy.
Thanks for your interest but the wind wings are sold. When you say chrome around the trunk, do you mean the removable rack, or the lower rack that also protects the saddle bags? The upper/removable rack is pretty rusted.

As for the footboards, I would take $25 shipped for the pair of them.

What's below the hitch......That would be my very dusty/dirty Snap-On tool cart. lol :cheesygrin:I haven't wrenched in over a year now, and I really need to clean it and wax it up. I used to keep my tools and boxes cleaner than anyone elses in the shop. Now thatI am service writing I don't have the time to devote to keeping the dust off the boxes. :thumbsdown:

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

oharaLTD wrote:
I would be interested in the add on foot pegs and brackets
I have the foot pegs and brackets off and ready to ship if you are still interested. I'm not trying to be pushy, I just haven't heard anything from you confirming yes or no.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

ROTORHEAD wrote:
What is that down below the trailer hitch in the pic?
It just dawned on me that you may have been refering to the wiring harness connector for the trailer wiring. lol

·
Registered
819 Posts
imported post

I am interested in the removable subframe on the left side of the bike where the engine mount and kickstand attach.

I am also interested in the chrome bumper from the front fender.

Peter

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Peterbylt wrote:
I am interested in the removable subframe on the left side of the bike where the engine mount and kickstand attach.

I am also interested in the chrome bumper from the front fender.

Peter

If you could provide a pic of the subframe I will be glad to remove it tomorrow and make you a deal on both pieces!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Here is a pic of the ignition cover for rgbeard.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.