Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

With all due respect to CJ, I sold the St 1300 I bought earlier this year. Here's a picture of it:

I had bought it to try it out and so that my son and me would both have a comfortable bike for long, all day rides together. I already have a 94, 1500 GW. The ST 1300 was a lot of fun for a couple of hours, very easy to handle, feeling like a much lighter bike than it really is. But it wasn't anywhere near as comfortable as the 1500. So I sold it at for a loss and bought another used 1500 Goldwing:

I had replaced the stock windshield on my other 1500 with a Windbender windshield. I really like it. As you can see from the picture, the "new" Goldwing has a stock windshield. It's 4 inches taller than the Windbender. I have to sit up very straight to look over the top of this one. If I try to look through this one, I find it annoying as it reflects an image of the Wing's console. For those of you who have replaced the stock windshield with an F4, does the F4 also reflect images as you try to look through it? Or is it perfectly clear, like looking over a windshield?
The Windbender and the F4 don't differ much in price.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

I've seen an F4 on a gl1800 and it was as clear as a car windscreen. No distortions or haze. I didn't notice if it reflected the dash, but I was very impressed by the optical clarity.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
imported post

I'm planning on changing my windshield with an F4, a number of GW owners in our GWTA chapter has them and they look great as far a clarity goes, next best thing to a glass windshield I've seen.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Very clear, and can be cleaned by station attendant, with ??. But, one -,..........they don't like little stones thrown at them. IE; following someone on a fresh chip and seal road job. Stay far behind vehicles that may kick up rocks. I have 3 pretty healthy little dings from rocks. Otherwise, an impressive windshield.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
imported post

Oregonwinger, I see your in Medford, Oregon also, don't you just love the way they have chip sealed allot of the roads around here.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Hi Terry. Glad to see ya here. Yes, that road from Prospect almost to Butte Falls was a killer a couple weeks ago. Ask them if they care about bikers. Only the majority vehicles are on their mind. Grrrr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.