Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I would like to see a factory ready satellite radio system.

I have been using Sirius Satellite service as long as it's been available. I have really enjoyed it, especially on a longtrip.

I realize that a few are using XM and I would use it if it were part of an OEM package on a new Goldwing.

It had been my long experience to keep things as stock as possible but when one must have accessories, I had rather have all HONDALINE equipment.

I have had enough issues with after-market accessories I have gone without to prevent the aggravation of dealing with quality issues and returning merchandise.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

I'm surprised that more of you wouldn't like a factory satellite radio rather than one mounted on the handlebars.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
imported post

They could have incorporated this into the radio system already on board. Also make it possible to choose which version you want here in the US. Sirius or XM.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Kikker wrote:
I'm surprised that more of you wouldn't like a factory satellite radio rather than one mounted on the handlebars.
The issuethat comes to mind is the monthly cost of the subscription... this is coded and valid only for one receiver. The people I know (me included) would rather pay for one subscription and move the receiver from place to place as desired.... For those with money to burn, that $0.33 a day is not a big deal, (and it takes a year to makeup the difference), and I'll be the first one to admit that I waste more than that, but until it is free, it just a principle (like my mother said sixty years ago,"remember the starving children in China":2finger:); I'll still bedealing with portable units.... Jim

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

My first post. Glad to be here.

I'd like to see a 10 button built-in XM or Sirius option. Ten buttons because it would make it faster to get to a specific station, plus, you'd have four more presets for your favorite stations, whether it be XM, Sirius, AM or FM.

I'm currently using an original XM Roady, plugged into the audio cable, and it works great (and it has 10 buttons). I placed the antenna on the clutch master cylinder and that works fine.

But I'd rather have the system and controls built-in to the audio system.

Charlie

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

How about if Honda offered modules for the radio. For instanceXM or Sirius satellite, navigation, HD radio, XM weather, XM traffic or even a backup camera. This is not really far fetched because many after market radio makers for cars & trucks offer this stuff already. IE Kenwood. :)

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Good idea.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Noticed already said.. so deleted..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts