Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

1. More than 98 percent of convicted felons are bread users.

2. Fully HALF of all children who grow up in bread-consuming households score below average on standardized tests.

3. In the 18th century, when virtually all bread was baked in the home, the average life expectancy was less than 50 years; infant mortality rates were unacceptably high; many women died in childbirth; and diseases such as typhoid, yellow fever, and influenza ravaged whole nations.

4. More than 90 percent of violent crimes are committed within 24 hours of eating bread.

5. Bread has been proven to be addictive. Subjects deprived of bread and given only water to eat begged for bread after as little as two days.

6. Bread is often a "gateway" food item, leading the user to "harder" items such as butter, jelly, peanut butter, and even cold cuts.

7. Bread has been proven to absorb water. Since the human body is more than 90 percent water, it follows that eating bread could lead to your body being taken over by this absorptive food product, turning you into a soggy, gooey bread-pudding person.

8. Newborn babies can choke on bread.

9. Bread is baked at temperatures as high as 400 degrees Fahrenheit! That kind of heat can kill an adult in less than one minute.

10. Most developed world bread eaters are utterly unable to distinguish between significant scientific fact and meaningless statistical babbling

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

And yet.... and yet.....

Did you know that the ingredients used to make bread are also present in beer? This is the reason when faced with a choice between a sandwich and a nice bitterly cold one, I go for the latter...:blackstuff::blackstuff::toast::blackstuff::blackstuff:

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

And even knowing all of these frightening facts...I always have been, am now, and will forever be...completely addicted to warm, fresh baked bread with all the trimmings...:weightlifter::jumper::cooldevil: I am weak :(

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

I had some bread with my lunch, will this turn me into a criminal:X

it was only a little bit of bread:(

i wont do it again:shock:

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
imported post

derekhendry wrote:
I had some bread with my lunch, will this turn me into a criminal:X

it was only a little bit of bread:(

i wont do it again:shock:
is that no bread with your chilli then deek

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I'm already past the point of worrying about bread!!!!

For years now, I've been hooked on the really hard stuff,,, :coollep:

Biscuits and the worst of the bunch, doughnuts. :cool:

I get the shakes when I see a krispy kreme store, or even a dunkin doughnuts store.

·
Premium Member
63,038 Posts
imported post

If bread is that bad for you, what will cake do to you with all that sugar ???????????

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Foodman wrote:
If bread is that bad for you, what will cake do to you with all that sugar ???????????
It counteracts the bread effects and makes it into a natural health food. :waving:

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Grumpyguy wrote:
The vast majority of people who ate tomatoes in 1908 are dead.
Great, I had tomatoes AND ketchup on my Back Yard Burger last night. And I'm pretty sure the Chili I have in my lunchbox has tomatoes too...

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

My name is Cymru (pronounced CUM REE) an I'm a breadaholic.....

I started off life in a Wonderloaf bakery, making those sublime delights on a three shift basis. The operators changed shifts weekly and we, the supervisors, did it fortnightly (every two weeks for the non-UK contingent). I think it was worked like that as no-one could stand anyone else... The dough was mixed in a Tweedy mixer whose design was based on the early centrifugal toilets in aeroplanes (it is impossible to make this stuff up). We used a continuous mixer on one line, and when the line stopped due to mechanical problems, the yeast slurry had to be dumped down the drain. This never failed to provoke an irate phone call from the sewage treatment plant down the road. Years later, when I was responsible for the startup of a water treatment plant at a yeast factory in South America, I finally understood their point of view.

Oh, and by the way,I also had several sandwiches today.:shock:

·
Premium Member
63,038 Posts
imported post

Bubble...............

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

English Bob wrote:
I'm fascinated, what does yeast do to a sewage treatment plant?
An effective sewage plant needs to balance the micro-organisms, yeasts and bacteria, with the substrate (waste) they are breaking down. A big influx of extra micro-organisms instantly throws the process out of control.

In the yeast production plant in Venezuela we used an anaerobic process using closed tanks. This cuts down on the smell but is more sensitive to control. Whenever some lazy operator cleaned up a spill of yeast by using a hosepipe this all headed straight for the tank with predictable results:doh::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
63,038 Posts
imported post

That's a lot more information then I need...........
I like to imagine bubbles.......

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

Foodman wrote:
That's a lot more information then I need...........
I like to imagine bubbles.......
Yeah, bubbles is good! :waving:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.