Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the bike with no owners manual but its no biggie, however I can't figure out which knob controls left to right and front to rear? I can hear some sound but its not real loud, like the front so I figure its gotta be some kinda Adjustment....idea's or help would be Appreciated

·
Busdriver
1,036 Posts
There is no control on the radio for balance or fade, but some owners install a separate fader control which will most likely be a big fat silver knob located either on the top panel below the key, or inside one of the fairing pockets.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,230 Posts
Front to rear is on the left handlebar control block thing. Would sit right above your left hand on the side of the pod that has the tuning lever. White dot towards front moves the split forward, dot back towards rear gives you more rear sound.
At least on an SE.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Yep left handle bar, for the fader
There is a MUTE button there also and may want to be sure it's not muted. When muted you can still hear the radio a little, it does not go totally silent.

I'm guessing it's muted because if everything is working then the radio should be loud either front, rear, or both using the fader adjustment.

Also the radio has a button to change from speakers to headsets, I think the speakers are totally off when changed to headset but not certain so may want to check that button is set to speakers.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Just got the bike with no owners manual but its no biggie, however I can't figure out which knob controls left to right and front to rear? I can hear some sound but its not real loud, like the front so I figure its gotta be some kinda Adjustment....idea's or help would be Appreciated
Here's a picture of a 1998 SE fader on the side of the left handlebar switch block. Moves sound back and front only and not side to side.

Attachments

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
Now that you have the skinny on the se fader knob, if no sound at rear then speaker blown or more likely wire broken at the hinges.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for all the fantastic and great help....I was able to locate the control which allowed me to hear the rear speakers .....now I found out they all need replacing .....suck majorly at highway speeds but better than nothing. John J, thanks for the picture ....it helped a whole lot....now having said that according to one manual I read there is a on /off switch for the lights, but I yet to find it as well as there is NO reference in the manual I saw for the switch on my Goldwing SE. Some folks even said there was no fader installed on the bike from the factory BUT it seems the folks with the CB's have the switch (fader) installed . Can you point in the the direction of the light switch or is there even one on the bike as the lights come on automatically.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Not a light switch on the bike that I know of.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
Sorry, no on / off switch comes for the stock lighting.
Switches can be added for some of the lights. My 99SE had one for the headlights and lower driving lights done by the first owner.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Can you point in the the direction of the light switch or is there even one on the bike as the lights come on automatically.[/QUOTE]

Light switches were factory fitted to some of the export models but not to ones for the USA market. Here's a picture of mine which is a 98 SE UK model. I would think it possible to add one to a USA model if you can locate a switch.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
No factory switch to turn off headlights. Because in many states, it is law that motorcycles have lights on all the time.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Can you point in the the direction of the light switch or is there even one on the bike as the lights come on automatically.
Light switches were factory fitted to some of the export models but not to ones for the USA market. Here's a picture of mine which is a 98 SE UK model. I would think it possible to add one to a USA model if you can locate a switch.[/QUOTE]

never seen that uk model switch. thank you. just different.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.