Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was riding my hour to work this morning as I “crossed the pond” on my MP3 (Aerosmith to Zeppelin) and I was feeling a bit of a chill in my “Naughty Bits” (Thank you Monty Python’s Flying Circus - Episode 22 ) :dude:.

So I began wondering what cold really felt like outside of a cage – or a well equipped Winger:cheeky1:. When I got to work, I called up NOAA and plug in my average temp 40 and my average speed 75mph and I found a calculator that can give me Fahrenheit AND Celsius for our friends across the border – or pond :?.

Seems pretty cold, Think I’ll keep the windshield vent closed. But... that would be another good calculation readout (and a meaningful one) to add to the INFO button!! I mean they know your speed, they know the temp, they already give you a Fahrenheit or Celsius option – why not tell us how we’re “feeling”? LOL :baffled::clapper:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Well the info button is not real accurate in any event. I had not even pushed it for a long time until all this banter about it started again. I can be on a ride and it be 28 degrees , pull up to the gas pump, someone will ask me what temperature it is over the headsets and I tell them 93 degrees. :D The sensor is under the shelter and the motor heat causes it to read wrong, and even at speed, it is slightly higher in its reading than the actual temp.

Just another one of those things done by engineers.

Kit

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

I used to have a sign on my office wall that read:-

"Last week I culdn't even spell injuneer, and now I are one"

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

All I know is that whenI got on my 'Wing this morning the digital thermometer on the wall said it was 24F outside. By the time I got to a local restaurant to meet Oregonwinger for breakfast I had determined that it was fairly cold. Much nicer a little later in the day when it came up to 40F. Felt quite comfortable on the freeway then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.