Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello All,

Here again is a Saturday morningand itis raining to beat the band. This has been the rainiest Spring that I can remember. It seems to rain in a least a part of every day, with few exceptions. I love to ride and look forward to riding on bright sunny days and sometimes clear Summer nights on a clean bike, but this years is tough. I'm one who will only ride in the rain if it happens while I'm out. I don't even carry rain gear. I guess like everyone else, I'll just have to hope our future isnot so wet.

Roryrob

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

I wanted to ride so bad this morning I took off in the thunderstorm we had coming through at 530 this morning and rode to work:action:glad I did as it was a refreshing ride and will be nice on the way home:cool:

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
imported post

I only ride when it's "riding weather", warm, dry, light to no wind, no I am not a "hardcore" rider, I'm a wimp, just like many golfers, fisherman, joggers, etc..., I get crap for it, and don't care, I like what I like, some wonder why people even own a bike when they don't ride it all the time, there is probably things about themwe could wonder about too? Ride alot, ride a little, it's your bike, your choice!:)

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

I have gone out in weather that was lecc than fair. A light drizzling rain I can tolerate, shoot, I even got caught in some snowfall when I snuck out in January, february and march. But these days of steady and serious rain are killing me. What adds insult to injury are the hardcore riders that I see out there. It's been a steady rain here all day, to the point I won't even think about it, and there have been 4 bikes going down the road.

I hear them coming, walk over to the door, and salute them with my coffee cup as they go by. Then I go back, sit down, and pout.

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
imported post

Worst weather ever. 50mph cross winds, driving rain, 45degF...time of my life!

Keep good tires on your bike and good rain gear in your bag and let it roll.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Aw the memories :cool:your still over there in mind and spirit aren't ya:action:

·
Premium Member
64,547 Posts
imported post

Some times you never know what to expect...:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,419 Posts
imported post

We just got plastered, going through southern Oregon and northern California. Once we got farther into Cali though, it was nice and nice on the way back. Sometime you just gotta do what you gotta do. Rain gear does help though.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Weather and the unknown is one of the parts of motorcycling that make it so refreshing and fun. To be1,000 miles from home or more and not sure of what the day will bring. Makes you give pause and think. If you were in a car it would just be mindless driving.:action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
imported post

RayandTracy wrote:
Aw the memories :cool:your still over there in mind and spirit aren't ya:action:
Some days Ray.;)

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I bought brand new frogg toggs last July at the WingDing. Used them for the first time Thursday on the BRP.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
imported post

I need to get me some frogg toggs. I ride to work nearly every day, unless it's a total downpour when I leave for work. Needless to say, I get wet sometimes on the way home. I've been riding in wind, cold, rain, heat, whatever. Winter will be here before I know it and then I'll be going crazy for a ride.

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
imported post

Very cool pic SB! We could use a little rain down here. Been 95+ for about 2-1/2 weeks and hasn't rained in about 4 I think. Next week they are calling for triple digits! My Frogg Toggs are going to dry rot! :action:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.