Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello guys!!! Just got my parts back from the painter and got to thinking about re-assembly. Should the fairing go on before the shelter or does it matter? This is my first time to take mine apart so not real sure!!!!

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

:waving:It's a lot easier to install the shelter (false tank) before you install the fairing. When I had my '83 apart I installed the fairing first and when installing the shelter I had to be careful that I didn't mess up the paint which is original from '83. Since you just had your parts painted I'd put the fairing on last.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

83GoldWinger wrote:
:waving:It's a lot easier to install the shelter (false tank) before you install the fairing. When I had my '83 apart I installed the fairing first and when installing the shelter I had to be careful that I didn't mess up the paint which is original from '83. Since you just had your parts painted I'd put the fairing on last.
Ditto, easier to install the 2 front bolts for the false tank this way.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Whether you install the fairing or shelter first an easy way to install the front to shelter bolts is to use a socket and long extension. Lay a couple layers of paper towel over the open end of the socket and tap one of the bolts into the socket throught he paper. That will hold the bolt in the socket solidly while still allowing the socket to be pulled away after the bolt is started. Remove the socket once the bolt is started before tightening to clear away the paper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.