Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Dang,,,,,,, never noticed till I started doing the winter maintance on the bike.

I lost the small piece of trim on the left side ( as sitting on the bike) and I really don't want to spend $40 for the whole set. Anyone have one of these laying around?

It's the smaller piece I need.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

i am in the same situation. i could use both sides too. i made a couple of temp covers,but they don't match the original front pieces.
anyone have a s#*tload of them???

Robin:waving:

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
imported post

I think someone is pinching 'em. I'm missing the little one on the right side. I've been pondering the chrome ones, but just blacked out the screw for now with a Sharpie.

Maybe we can split a new set and I'll meet you half way.:dude:

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

I replaced mine with chrome.. I will look to see if I saved them :waving:

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
imported post

Winger77 wrote:
Dang,,,,,,, never noticed till I started doing the winter maintance on the bike.

I lost the small piece of trim on the left side ( as sitting on the bike) and I really don't want to spend $40 for the whole set. Anyone have one of these laying around?

It's the smaller piece I need.

Hmmm. I'm pretty sure that I got all4 of my Honda stock plastics for about 6 bucks a side from Cyclemax of Ohio. Definitely nowhere close to 40. And Cyclemax iswhere your picture is from, so no way is the $40 their price.

Orgo to your local stealership and spend 2 bucks for the small piece and save the shipping fee.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

They have them listed for $37.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
imported post

http://www.hdlparts.com has the little piece listed for $2.50 and the big piece listed for 9.66

MOLDING, L. FR. SIDE
64215-MN5-000

$2.50

MOLDING, L. RR. SIDE
64216-MN5-000
$9.66

:cooldj:See? I'm not losing my mind yet.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

That's one of the few times I've seen Cyclemaxes' prices that far apart. I go buy the single piece I need, in that situation.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Then it's been there for awhile. I checked out the same parts, before I converted to lights. I figured for the extra bux, I'd bling it up a bit.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

IRAQI RAM wrote:
http://www.hdlparts.com has the little piece listed for $2.50 and the big piece listed for 9.66

MOLDING, L. FR. SIDE
64215-MN5-000

$2.50

MOLDING, L. RR. SIDE
64216-MN5-000
$9.66

:cooldj:See? I'm not losing my mind yet.
Thank you once again. Although I should go with Rudy's idea, I went with just what I needed. But "DAMN" it come to $10 with shipping:shock:

·
Site Sponsor
24 Posts
imported post

Just a quick update. Mother Honda has been raising all of her prices dramatically lately. The 1500 radio covers went from $17 to $50. These little black moldings went from $10 last year to $19 a few months ago to $36 now. My advice is to either switch to chrome, find used ones if you can or get them from HDL before they realize their mistake. Good luck and thanks for the continued support.

Gary
Cyclemax

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Aint that a kick-in-the-pants,,,,,,,,:shock:

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

You'll excuse me while I go raise my bid on a radio cover I've been watching?

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

I got received my order today,,,,,,,,,,, and it was the wrong part:gunhead:

It must have been my mistake because I went for the small fairing trim piece thinking that one would be $2.50

Yeah right,,,,,,,, look again,,,,,,, the longer one is for $2.50 and the small piece is $9.50.

So now I have an extra Left Front light trim to put on the dust collecting shelve. I won't go through the trouble of sending it back.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.