Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm in a bit of a jamb and I'm hoping someone can help me out.
I bought a 1983 GL1100A for $500 and have made excellent progress on it so far. Stator, tires, frame sandblast/paint, etc., But stalled out today.
The fairing and all the front plastics were completely destroyed by a long rest under a leaky front master cylinder. All these parts and associated brackets were removed ans discarded. I have never had a faired bike before, so it was no great loss to me.
Yesterday I purchased all the needed parts to mount a headlight/turnsignal assembly but was unable to find any manuals for any GL bikes.
I was wondering if any one can scan the section of a wiring diagram pertaining to the headlight area. I need to get as much of the existing wiring into the headlight bucket as I can, and to properly wire the new lights.
Given the much smaller size of the new bucket, I may have to remove and straight wire several of the connectors and do not want to make a mistake. Connectors, especially ones exposed to the elements, make me nervous anyway. The stator connector was the reason for the long rest. That a the previous owners laziness.

Many, many thanks to the members of this site for their knowledge and participation. I have been lurking since the day I bought the bike (4 months ago), and, until today have not had to make a specific request, due to finding everything I needed to know thus far already covered.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

Aesop, welcome to the forum! :waving:

I have the shop manual for the 83 Aspencade. Give me a while and I'll see what I can do.

Bob :11grey:

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Hey that's great Bob, another example of how the forum brings us closer together. I think you should be nominated for Guru anyway as you have been around here helping out for long enough and we have less than 30 Gurus out of 1800 members. I'll nominate you to the wingnut himself today. :clapper:

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thank you very much AZWinger. Exactly what I needed. I second your nomination.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

Glad I could help :waving: Thats what this forum is all about! :weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

CanI get a copy of the headlight wiring diagram also? I would appreciate it very much. Thanks Trisha

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum jtbond5! :waving:

I'll send you a PM.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

AZWinger, what's the possibility of helping out another poor soul out with that wiring diagram. Apparently Clymer doesn't know the Aspencade existed! Only shows standard and Interstate! Heck doesn't show much info on the fairing anyway. I'm trying to correct the "excellent" wiring job of my old man.

Thank you very much!

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey jtbond5 :waving:Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:
:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey justchillinout :waving:Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:

:jumper: :18red: :jumper:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.