Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

How hard is it to remove the top fairing ( winshield, headlight) from an 1100. I've had everything else off except that!! I want to get a number off my key switch assy to have an extra key made. I have 1 (one) worn out NOT factory key. Only works one way. Feel insecure with only one!!

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
imported post

The fairing is pretty simple to remove... There is a plug for the wiring into the fairing on the left, just forward of the faux tank, and be sure to look carefully for any added wiring that may have been fished into the fairing. IIRC, the lower fairings come off, two nuts on the bottom of each side, and four bolts around the front bottom curve by the forks. The fairing can be front heavy, so a good grip will prevent any damage. Just don't let it hang by the bolts in the front, as they are not backed by metal inside the fairing.

Todd

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

Get some help so the plastic doesn't break, or get support from above.

This frame exercise is good to know when you want to remove the carburators, as it may be necessary to remove the left lower metal fairing part to get the carbs out. The bolts are under the top fairing.

If you want an easier excersise, remove a lock from the helmet lock, trunk or bags. The number is stamped on the locks. Unless the ignition is a replacement, the other locks are the same number.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.