Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

OK ....Bagmaster and myself were talking on Skype, and both of us have a question to everyone, especially you 1200 owners....Both of us have 1100's and both of us have fairings that have seen their better days, mine was cracked and busted on the right side...So is Bagmasters.....Mine I ground it down, wired it together and used that Plastex stuff from Canada....It looks OK but our question is........ Will a later model fairing from an 1200 bolt to our mounting brackets and what kind of wiring nightmares would we be looking at in mounting say an 84 1200 fairing onto our wings??????

Thanks in Advance...

Claude....

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

probably would need to make some adjustments.... doubt it is a one-up exchange... the frames are different, and how the fake tank mounts is different

but with a welder, anything can be done (that is our motto on NGW)

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

Of course you're expecting some mods. I would think the 1200s fairing to tank blending would take some extra work but I've seen it done on both an 1100 and 1000. Since both are Honda the wiring colors are a match and if you've played with the connectors much you can use that little pin extractor to reposition the pins into your plugs. I'd get a fairing shell and set it up to figure out the mount modes.

I usedblocks on my 79 1000 windjammer mount to mount a V65 Saber sport fairing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.