Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Took a 2 day ride to see fall foilage in northern pennsylvania this week. About 10 miles into the trip a raccoon crossed in front of me and I hit him dead on,no warning. Pulled off the road to check my bike for any damage,everything looked Ok,had some animal hair stuck here and there,continued on our ride. Later that day while in the mountains a squerrell darted in my path and I hit him with both wheels.The next day while heading home on the interstate a plastic bag was drifting across the lane in front of me,yep the bag turned as i got near it and I hit that too.I looked in my mirror looking for the bag and did not see it,later I heard this fluttering noise and the bag was hooked on my left boot.......The foilage? It was beautiful...

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

Glad you survived all of those hits...

I hit a lamb once and did no damage but it makes the back end tighten up some.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
imported post

Just got back from a run from Kentucky to Michigan. Had 1 squirel decide to run out in front of me. He survived. The foilage in Northern Indiania and southern Mich was great.

Debating about what weekend to head south to for the fall foilage

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

Good to hear that you had no trouble with the road kill.

I've been watching the foliage on tv and it sure is beautiful. They just had an article on the news about the BRP and how it's peaking right now.

Our's down here in Florida will start changing in about a month..

After a month of the dry season, everything will start turning brown!!:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

Well, if you had bothered to get your Penn. Fur Takers License them critters never would've come into sight. That's my story and I'm stick'n to it...:cheeky1: :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Last critter I hit (knock on wood) was a woodchuck several years ago. Dang sure got my attention.

Ya gotta watch out for those plastic bags. The hit your pipes or something hot and make a heck of a mess:X

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
imported post

I was returning from a week-end camping trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway during hunting season. A group of about 6 doe crossed the road about 150 yards ahead of me. I slowed down to about 35 MPH and was watching them closely when a 10 point buck ran across the road from my blind side. To make a long story short, I got my first and last 10 point buck with a 1985 Gold Wing. I bet not many riders can top this one. I now wish I had asked the Game Warden for the head for bragging rights, however I was so glad to be alive that I forgot to ask.

Your Friend,

John D.

PS WATCH BOTH SIDES OF THE ROAD WHEN APPROACHING DEER!!!!!

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Hi redeyes88, where did you travel to exactly?? Just wondering how far you might have been from me. I went for a ride last Sunday and the Foilage was the best it's been in a few years. We just had some strong winds Thursday and it stripped a lot of the leaves here on my hill.

I rode down to Danville (just below Bloomsburg)today and it's looking good there.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Winger77 wrote:
Hi redeyes88, where did you travel to exactly?? Just wondering how far you might have been from me. I went for a ride last Sunday and the Foilage was the best it's been in a few years. We just had some strong winds Thursday and it stripped a lot of the leaves here on my hill.

I rode down to Danville (just below Bloomsburg)today and it's looking good there.
Hi winger,We rode north on 501 to Pine Grove,took 125 north,crossed river at sunbury,took 15 n. to 44 to wellsboro. Leaves in northern counties are past peak,Bloomsburg area is nice..route 125 to Pine Grove is quite a ride as the switchbacks on this road are some of the most dangerous curves I've ever been on.....

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Wellsboro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope you checked out the Little Grand Canyon. And then you could have (if time allowed) ride east on RT 6 along the Susquehanna.

Anyways,,,,, sounds like you had a nice trip,,,,,,,,, I'll have to keep RT 125 in mind by the sounds of it. But MAN,,,,,,,,,, if you want switch backs,,,,,,,, go to the Rockies.

Maybe we can have a coffee on the road someday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.