Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all! Seems to be a lot of Wisconsin members here, along with a few Minnesota and Illinois. It might be to late in the season, but I wonder how a meet in Wisconsin would go over, since it sits between Minnesota and Illinois. I was thinking maybe a place that has a good campground with cabins, or a couple hotel choices. Maybe we could do a couple of nice rides, some cooking out and just have a good meet and greet! You know how bad the weather can turn, so was thinking late September or first two weekends in October. Any thoughts??

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hot digity! Oh heck yeah! I thought about adding Iowa but didn't want the title to get to long, plus I thought about the Davis Rally that is in Iowa. By all means, the more the better...no matter where you are from. Maybe we could even make it a little more Mid-South Wisconsin.

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Why cant we just use the Davis Rally as oa mng? Plenty of camping,riding.. plenty of room to chitchat around afire

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

We could. Just thought this might be of interest without the big event.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

I'm game for a late season get together. Late Sep/Oct would bring great fall colors to ride in. I plan to do a northern WI / UP MI ride one more time this year anyway.

I can't make Davis Rallybecause ofa get together at my home this weekend.

Wife wants me home because I turn 50 Saturday. :whip:I guess I get 50 lashes this year.

I'd much rather be riding than sitting at home.:action:

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
imported post

I will consider this next year.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
imported post

Going to be in Eureka Springs next week with some other folks, but if any money is left, sounds good to be.
Only part of Wi I know anything about is around the river from Red Wing south, but I like what I've seen.
Put me down as a "maybe'.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
imported post

Sounds great to me! My daughter gets married 10/01/11 but after that my wife and i would love to go for a fall ride.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

When and Where?? Always ready to ride.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

keep us posted.

maybe we could meet in Chicago?:cheeky1::bow:

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Cool! Sounds like some are interested! I'm 100% open to ideas. Dells are 4 hours from me. Onalaska/Lacrosse area are 5 hours, etc. We would probably spend the night somewhere either way??

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

MNSNOWMAN wrote:
Hi all! Seems to be a lot of Wisconsin members here, along with a few Minnesota and Illinois. It might be to late in the season, but I wonder how a meet in Wisconsin would go over, since it sits between Minnesota and Illinois. I was thinking maybe a place that has a good campground with cabins, or a couple hotel choices. Maybe we could do a couple of nice rides, some cooking out and just have a good meet and greet! You know how bad the weather can turn, so was thinking late September or first two weekends in October. Any thoughts??
Too late in the season!? Not! For me the season is just beginning!. The fall is absolutely my favorite tome to ride and I plan to stay riding until the snow hits. Keep us posted!

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

wingsam41 wrote:
Too late in the season!? Not! For me the season is just beginning!. The fall is absolutely my favorite tome to ride and I plan to stay riding until the snow hits. Keep us posted!
I hear ya. I pretty much ride until it snows, but once it hits about 45 degrees I must say the fun factor drops for me a little and the rides get a little shorter.

·
Pwhoever
3,182 Posts
imported post

SmartBiker wrote:
keep us posted.

maybe we could meet in Chicago?:cheeky1::bow:
Awww man, thats just crazy talk!!! I'm itchin for a road trip and that means I willhave to LEAVE Chicago. I could be up for this get together. I am off from Sep 25th to Oct 18th so just about any time in there would be fine. However, I have been thinking real hard about that Front Royal gathering as it falls into my plans perfectly. I am about " " this close to making those plans. If I do that then Sep 30-Oct 2 is definitely out for me.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

thought i could slip that past you guys! ^^^^^

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
imported post

A meet in WI would be fantastic. Count me in, if I can possibly make it I will definitely be there.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

:readit:We need to lock insome dates and a location so I can get time off and make sure my bike isn't in shop from the accident I was in Friday when the idiot rear ended me. Just cosmetic damage so I can ride it as long as I'm still waiting on the parts to come in. Do we want to ride Central,Northern Wisconsin or maybe the Keweenaw Peninsula in UP of Michigan? What ever is decided I want to do it. Count me in. I have anotherGoldwing buddy at workthat may be interested as well so we need to lock dates so we can work on time off.
Lets ride.:action:

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

I'll toss in my 2 cents on this.
Might be interesting to (accidently) run into this outing.

'Castle Rock Park' is 60 miles east of LaCrosse Wi. and 75 miles northof Madison Wi.

(copy/paste from HEREhas more info)
============================

(Public) 8th Annual Camp-Inn Camp-Outt - Mauston, WI (by Betsey)
Calling all teardrops,travel trailers, tenters and curious onlookers!!!!!
It's time to get out your calendar & pencil in the dates for the 8th Annual Camp-Inn Camp-Outt.
Come join us for a few hours, a day or the entire weekend!
Here's what you need to know:
8th Annual Camp-Inn Camp-Outt
When: Friday, September 23 - Sunday, September 25
Where: Juneau County Castle Rock Park, Mauston, Wisconsin
Registration: On-Site - Per night: $17.00/electric; $13.00/non-electric *

======================================

We went last year, LOTS of fine folks with tons to talk about.
Camp-Inn said they're looking into making an Ultra-Light Teardrop trailer. MAYBE it'll be debuted there?

"IF" i can scrounge up a few hundred I might have my Ultra-light trailer, in skeletonform.

Floyd :action:FM

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
imported post

Well, the old lady and I are going to be camping in Kettle Moraine the 23rd and 24th of this month.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.