Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This was my project and after rebuild carbs , brakes , new lights , new tires , new handlebars , new bat., and self made seat ...it looks like this ... Well , the fan is running all the time . I removed the bags , faring , and all kind of metal construction of the bike (almost 200lb ) , I noticed the swithc on the faring for the fan .So it was manually turned on/off . Can I leave like that ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
imported post

Looks good.Tell me about the lights and the handlebars? You could save about ten more pounds removing those passenger floorboards.Looks like you are set up for solo anyway.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Now I could use a set of passenger floorboards.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Yes, you can leave the fan off..until the temp starts getting toward the middle then switch it on..until it drops back a little???

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks . I bought the handlebars of Bay , which are lower and less pull back then the original ones , and I did add the two smaller lights .Of course now I have excess of clutch cable and brake line . There is pic.

RB , I do not have the switch anymore , since it was removed together with the faring ! Since the fan is running all the time , my guess is that the engine will never reach an adequate temperature . Right ?

I took the bike out today , and I am disappointed . Was running not so good , hesitating a little bet , after it got warmer , stopping at lights , the engine was running at 3000rpm , and the worst of all , I drove only 45 miles , and it used a 3/4 tank gas !? Is it the carbs , that are not cleaned properly ? Or something else ?

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,566 Posts
imported post

Your charging system is not going to be able to handle all those lights and the fan at the same time, probably not even all the lights on at the same time without the fan. Yes the carbs are the problem, float and idle adjustment and synchronization probably.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.