Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have a 1996 gl1500 Aspencade, Lately the clock will loose the time when I shut it off and the seconds will change about every 10 seconds. After I ride for about 15 to 20 min it will go back to normal and keep good time. I have checked the back up fuse and it is fine. Anyone know what causes the clock to run fast then slow down?

·
Administrator
27,796 Posts
imported post

Bike...and Dennis wrote:
Evil spirits? :cooldevil:
I was going to say FTL speed but didn't want to be the first smart alec answer.:D

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,279 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
Bike...and Dennis wrote:
Evil spirits? :cooldevil:
I was going to say FTL speed but didn't want to be the first smart alec answer.:D
But Dave...I was serious!

Sorry Jetson, I don't have an answer. At least not a good one.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum from Canada and welcome to one of the gremlins of the '96-'97 series. Clock advances because of poorly constructed circuit board. Moisture gets in there and mucks it up. Lots of threads on here with guys experiencing the same problem. The fix is to take it apart, scour with a soft toothbrush and give it a shot with silicone spray. Be warned, its more work than changing the time back on high humidity days.

Found a link to the topic:

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=76435&forum_id=1&highlight=lcd+clock+

The thread also has a few more links that speak to the subject. Mods may want to consider indexing the above link since it seems to give better info than most regarding this subject. Most other threads just say give it up and buy another. Hate that thought.

How's your alternator doing? Another gremlin to watch for on that bike. Chinese made parts in a Japanese bike don't work.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,521 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

Service within an hour! :clapper:

John, you obviously never worked in a Honda shop or else your work ethic never caught on! :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Thanks for the info. The humidity thing sounds like the culpruit as I first noticed it after I gave it a bath and then it started more often this summer (high humidity here). Air has been real dry the last few days and it has worked perfect. I think I will wait till this winter to tear into it though. Thanks again for taking the time to answer my question, this is a great forum, just ask a question and get an answer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.