·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Hi Pat. They will give you a nice cool breeze across your lower body and thighs. Great on a hot summer day.

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

Everyone I know who has them mounted on their bike say's they work great and they can be a nice looking accessory on your Wing if you into that.

For myself I'm more into a stripped down, basic Wing without all the extra goodies because each ounce you add makes the bike a little slower.

Now, If I could only get rid of a few hundred ounces off of my own body I wouldn't have to worry about the weight of the bike. LOL

Vic

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Goldwinger1984 wrote:
Everyone I know who has them mounted on their bike say's they work great and they can be a nice looking accessory on your Wing if you into that.

For myself I'm more into a stripped down, basic Wing without all the extra goodies because each ounce you add makes the bike a little slower.

Now, If I could only get rid of a few hundred ounces off of my own body I wouldn't have to worry about the weight of the bike. LOL

Vic
My bike came with Baker made wings on it when I bought it. So far they are about the only non-stock stuff I've left on. I hate the looks of them, but the do help in the cold by keeping a good bit of draft off. I can't make up my mind about them, the do give you a lot of control of the passing breeze but they sure are ugly to me!

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
imported post

:dude:I've had themon my wing for 6 years andI wouldn't ride with them. There great in the cool months keeping cold air off legs and also in thesummer keeping the body cool

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

I've had them on all my Goldwings and they are one accessry that actually serves a useful purpose.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

I've used Wind Wings from Tulsa on my 85 Aspy for the past 15 years. Using a tall Tulsa Wind shield with a vent and these wind wings give me lots of breeze during the hot summer.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Heyimisthree :waving: Welcome to the forum. :clapper: Now please update your profile and include your LOCATION. :whip:

:crying: :18red: :crying:

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

Think I'm going toorder some! If it will help deflect the hot air off me in the summer, I think I'll give them a try!

Sometimes comfort takes priority over looks!

Bob

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Cool. Thanks guys think i'll get me some:clapper:

Pat

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

PatinIdaho wrote:
Cool. Thanks guys think i'll get me some:clapper:

Pat
One other thing, you should get over your fear of wind wings!

:goofygrin::goofygrin::15red::goofygrin::goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Awww shucks i'm not afraid of them;)I mostle wanted them to help keep the wind off my legs. It's still 35 deg. here at 5am when i get off work. I just did not want to spend the money on something that would not do that. But thanks to the guys here i can order some now.

pat

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

imisthree wrote:
:dude:I've had themon my wing for 6 years andI wouldn't ride with them.
Does that mean that you have not used your wing for 6 years. :stumped:Well if your not using your wing :whip: then you might have the time to update your profile and complete the LOCATION slot and tell us where you live. :crying:

:baffled: :18red: :baffled:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
imisthree wrote:
Does that mean that you have not used your wing for 6 years. :stumped:Well if your not using your wing :whip: then you might have the time to update your profile and complete the LOCATION slot and tell us where you live. :crying:
REDWING, If he's not ridden his wing for 6 years make him an offer and leave your neighbor's alone!

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
imisthree wrote:

:baffled: :18red: :baffled:
Hey Redwing:waving: I was hopeing you would catch that....:D, he just forgot the out on without......:gunhead:

dean_3326 :12red::12red::12red::12red::12red::12red:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
REDWING, If he's not ridden his wing for 6 years make him an offer and leave your neighbor's alone!
exavid :waving:You must be joking. :crying:My neighbour would be very upset about that. :whip:
:weightlifter: :18red: :weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

I know I read it somewhere in this forum but I'll run the risk of asking a redundant question...

Has anyone had any experience with the Micro-Swirl Edging put out by Saeng? The testimonials are strong on their website and I'd really like to reduce the buffeting on my 1984 GL1200A.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.