Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey People, this is a head's up for those that have not heard but Federal is now selling direct to the consumer!! Appears to be reasonable prices also as I priced 124gr HydraShok's at $24.99/box of 20 which is what I paid at Bass Pro a few years back!! Probably gonna order a few box's for my Birthday next week!!!!

·
Administrator
26,149 Posts
Hey People, this is a head's up for those that have not heard but Federal is now selling direct to the consumer!! Appears to be reasonable prices also as I priced 124gr HydraShok's at $24.99/box of 20 which is what I paid at Bass Pro a few years back!! Probably gonna order a few box's for my Birthday next week!!!!
What cartridge? I assume it may be 9mm because of the 124gr bullet. I gave $25 for a 25 round box of Hornady 124gr 9mm a couple years ago locally and thought I got ripped. It is the only store bought ammo I have bought in 25 years except 22LR.

·
Premium Member
3,771 Posts
Thanks but all of the 9mm 124gr hollow point ammo are out of stock. Whats the point of selling to the public if you don't have any stock.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,651 Posts
Thanks but all of the 9mm 124gr hollow point ammo are out of stock. Whats the point of selling to the public if you don't have any stock.
I was looking for the same ammo about six weeks ago.

using ammoSeek and saw 3 vendors, so I thought I would look at each vendor and see if they will ship to me?
one of them is " In Store Pickup Only ", well, rule that one out.

went back to ammoSeek and the page had refreshed and only 1 vendor listed, and the quantity that I wanted " 1,000 rds " was gone :(

that stuff flys off the shelves as fast as it can be listed.

·
Premium Member
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BALLS!! That was quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: It was there when I posted!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,204 Posts
How much personal defense ammo do you need? As some one with guns everywhere and all full of hydro shocks or the like, I never shoot 'em. It ain't like your gonna use them down at the range at over a dollar a piece. As a matter of fact I'm hoping I never have to use them. My plan is to leave 'em to the kids along with all the guns they're in.

Reactions: kn6308

·
Premium Member
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't need that much.. But I do want about 4-6 more boxs so I can compare how the 124gr Hydro Shok's group vs the 115gr (?) round nose target ammo. I've had the gun since 2012 and never really shot anything but but the light stuff.... In case yer wondering it's a Ruger P95DC I've got.. Great little gun!

·
Administrator
26,149 Posts
How much personal defense ammo do you need? As some one with guns everywhere and all full of hydro shocks or the like, I never shoot 'em. It ain't like your gonna use them down at the range at over a dollar a piece. As a matter of fact I'm hoping I never have to use them. My plan is to leave 'em to the kids along with all the guns they're in.
That's like me. I bought a box of self defense ammo when I got the 9mm and only shoot reloads for practice.

·
Administrator
26,149 Posts
I don't need that much.. But I do want about 4-6 more boxs so I can compare how the 124gr Hydro Shok's group vs the 115gr (?) round nose target ammo. I've had the gun since 2012 and never really shot anything but but the light stuff.... In case yer wondering it's a Ruger P95DC I've got.. Great little gun!
Good plan, they will shoot to a different spot but at normal self defense range it won't matter.

Reactions: flylow and roscoepc

·
Registered
503 Posts
I purchase ammo in 1,000 round lots, and at the moment keep at least 1,000 rounds of 5.56, .45 ACP, 9mm and .380, because sometimes it's just not available. I keep a range log and rotate my stock and train as much as time allows with each firearm, because we all fall to the level of our training. I really need to work on my off hand skills, especially with the heavier sidearms.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts