Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

REBUILT THE LT FT CALIPER ON MY 87 INTERSTATE AS A PRECAUTION BECAUSE I HAD A ISSUEON THE RT. SIDE, BLEEDING THE RT. SIDE WAS NOT A PROBLEM, BUT I AM READY TO TAKE A HAMMER TO THE LT. CALIPER!! FLUID IS CLEAR, HOSE SEEMS OK, OPENED THE BLEEDER AND LET GRAVITY TAKE ITS COURSE, REFILLED

THE MASTER CYLENDER PUMPED THE LEVER AND THE CALIPER MOVES AND WILL STOP THE WHEEL SOMEWHAT BUT THE LEVER SEEMS VERY WEAK, IT PULS ALLTHE WAY TO THE GRIP PUMPED AND REFILLED 2 PINTS OF DOT4 FLUID THROUGH THEMC :arguing:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Check you manual, I believe that's the front one that's linked to the rear brake. Bleed the rear brake first then the left front.

And please turn off the caps lock on your keyboard. All caps is considered as shouting.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Ok, here's the routing for the 1200 brake lines. The handlbar M/C controls the left front and the brake pedal controls the M/C for the rear and right front brakes.

It sounds like you still have air trapped in the left caliper. I bleed my brakes using a vacuum bleeder called the Mighty Vac, works great!

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

You have an air bubble trapped somewhere. You have to get it out. Gravity bleeding will not do it 100%.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for the reply. Sorry about the caplock I know better. I have done repairs on cars for years. I got this wing in 2000. I stripped the bike 4 yrs ago and repainted, installed timing belt, new tires, wheel bearings,the staterI replaced almost rebuilt all of the bike. It's a great ride this brake bleeding has me stumped. I am going to go out this morning to get another newMity Vac see I loaned my other to someone and it left town.

Once again thank you for the replynice to find a group who know my bike and help with questions

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.