Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Tonight is that night, I am expected to don dress pants and shirt, and Aaaaargh a tie, and go to an upscale restaurant and spend large amounts of money on food I could probably cook as well at home.

I will go quietly to my doom in the interests of peace.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
imported post

Hey, it might not be as bad as you think. Last night we went to the Mayfield dinner theater

http://www.mayfieldtheatre.ca/now_playing.asp
and paid a $100 smackers each. It was awesome! :clapper:We spent 4 hours there and were thoroughly entertained by the music of the 60's. (Yes, we are old enough to remember it:p:p) and we had an awesome meal.:clapper:Now we are greatly looking forward to the next production of the music of the 70's:clapper: Imagine.........this much enjoyment from a bunch of "bikers"......:D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

English Bob wrote:
Tonight is that night, I am expected to don dress pants and shirt, and Aaaaargh a tie, and go to an upscale restaurant and spend large amounts of money on food I could probably cook as well at home.

Doing the same AGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't forget the roses !!!!

BTW today is our 9th anniversary!!!

Married on a beach in Hawaii

Attachments

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
imported post

ccsailor wrote:
BTW today is our 9th anniversary!!!

Married on a beach in Hawaii
Congrats on the anniversary!!!!

What a great day to get married on...And in HAWAII.

Hope you have many more:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
imported post

Aww,..............;)

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

That is sweet, I love Hawaii, couldn't live there, but we go as often as wel can.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

9 years eh! Not bad, we're working on 17.

Just got back actually, it was very nice and quite a change not to have the kids, they're at Grandma's.

Now for an early night.

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

English Bob wrote:
9 years eh! Not bad, we're working on 17.

Just got back actually, it was very nice and quite a change not to have the kids, they're at Grandma's.

Now for an early night.
:D:Dhave fun :D:D:cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

English Bob wrote:

Got any moose on the menus up there!

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

picasso wrote:
English Bob wrote:

Got any moose on the menus up there!
All we eat at home lately is elk and deer, so I have beef when I go out.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hey EB, I bet you would have been happier to go if they had been offering an all day Full English!!!:cooldevil:

Two eggs, two lincolnshire sausages, bacon, black pudding, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, bubble, fried slice and a couple of rounds of bread and butter on the side, all washed down with a nice cuppa. All in... £5/6d... for two!!!!!:shock:

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
imported post

While at Myrtle Beach last weekend, nobody in our group, (5 adults - 3 children),could come up with a suggestion for dinner, so we hopped in the cars and I pulled into the first restaurant I thought would have something for everyone.

At first glance, I saw white linen table cloths, fancy folded napkins on the table and elswhere. It was my treat and my heart and frugle wallet sank.

I focused on the wait staff and they seemed to be cool with our group who was very casually dressed. I was wearing a tie dyed "Nassau" t-shirt and baggy beach shorts.

The clientel that was already seated looked down their long, snooty noses at us. The older couple next to us actually made an audible sigh and harumphedwhen we were seated near them. It made me feel inferior as we all were "under dressed"but when my 3 year old granddaughter said "Hey look! I've got 2 forks!" it loosened up everyone.

The wait staff made us at ease and joked with us. Especially when my brother-in-law says "There's a rag in my glass". The waiter calmly said, "We call them napkins sir..."

A good time and excellent meal was had by all. I even tipped above the mandatory 20% as the staff was very good and made us welcome. The total price was enough to buy groceries for a 2 weeks, but once in a while it's ok.

The coup-de-grace was when the snooty couple behind us, (who asked to be seated elsewhere...twice), paid for their meal with a credit card, the waiter came back and asked for his ID. (he didn't ask for mine...:)

Touche' !

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

98Wing-487 wrote:

I focused on the wait staff and they seemed to be cool with our group who was very casually dressed. I was wearing a tie dyed "Nassau" t-shirt and baggy beach shorts.
Pictures please!!!!!!!!:shock::clapper::cheeky1:

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

Haveing worked in upscale restaurants all my life I have found that people with money do not always dress like they are rich folks, they do not need to put on airs because they are confident enough to not worry about what others think.
Besides if your group had not been dressed well enough you would not have been seated at all in the first place.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Hey EB, I bet you would have been happier to go if they had been offering an all day Full English!!!:cooldevil:

Two eggs, two lincolnshire sausages, bacon, black pudding, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, bubble, fried slice and a couple of rounds of bread and butter on the side, all washed down with a nice cuppa. All in... £5/6d... for two!!!!!:shock:
Don't do that to me, the image will be seared on my brain for days:cheeky1:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.