Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all,

Well, I won a fender extension on eBay that stated "For GL1100 and GL1200". I go to put the thing on today (beautiful, by the way), and it isn't right. Turns out it is ONLY for the GL1200.

So I looked around the 'Net and couldn't find a "real" listing for an 1100. Did they exist? Do they still exist somewhere? I'd appreciate any help, as always. :)

Jack

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

Jack,
That's interesting (a good word I've discovered as a substitution for frustrating)! I've got an '81 GL1100 Standard and I'd be interested in hearing the specific details for what "did not fit". Hope your "winnings" didn't set you back too much. LOL
Don
:waving:

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hi,

It was only $26 plus another 5 or so for shipping. Not bad. And DARNED pretty. The GL1100 has sort of a wide flare on the rear of the front fender, making it wider and more rounded. This extension shows that the 1200 must have a narrower, more squared fender.

Anyone need a nice 1200 fender extension?

Jack

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
imported post

Hi Jack,

It might be the right one but do you have a GL Standard> The extension you purchased is most likely for the Aspencade and maybe the Interstate. I now have both an 83 Standard and Apencade and the Aspencade has the extension on the rear fender. The Standard is different. The Aspencade has a speciallicense plate that hinges up to get to the center bolt for the extension.

So, to make it fit, you could find a Aspencade license and tail light assembly and then drill some holes to install the other two attachment bolts or fabricate something.

Good Luck

Jerry

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Jerry, the extension Jack is talking about fits the rear lower portion of the front fender. A funny place to put a license plate.

I've seen pictures of the extension, and could tell that it wouldn't fit the flared fender on my '83.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks! That would work just fine. I don't know if I'd even go to the trouble of painting it...I just wanted a little more protection down there, since the front wheel seems to kick up bits and pieces toward the radiator. I know it isn't likely...but still - I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Anyway, thanks again for the link. That must have been posted right after I logged off last night.

Jack

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
imported post

:gunhead:Well his first message didn't specify the front. So there!!. I guess that puts me at the bottom of the list in my hope tosomeday reaching guru status.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
imported post

Hi Jack,

Could you post a photo of it? Might be interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.