Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

1973 I was on my just "Customized CB750" and was Cruising along when 2 pretty Gals wearing "Daisey Duke Shorts" waved at me from a parking lot, I shot them back my "Cool Biker Wave" just as the traffic came to a stop and I hit the car in front of me and slid over his roof and down his hood!

The gals enjoyed it!

Then I had to push the bike home, that was double embarrassing !:clapper:

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
1973 I was on my just "Customized CB750" and was Cruising along when 2 pretty Gals wearing "Daisey Duke Shorts" waved at me from a parking lot, I shot them back my "Cool Biker Wave" just as the traffic came to a stop and I hit the car in front of me and slid over his roof and down his hood!

The gals enjoyed it!

Then I had to push the bike home, that was double embarrassing !:clapper:

Okay, I was not driving but rather riding b%^&$..........

1976 on a Honda 650 December 18th 9:30ish PM downtown Indianapolis heading to the only known liquer store still open during the "snowstorm". Four inches plus and still coming down we rode his scoot there and made it. Yes we were very drunk and stupid teenagers (I do not condon this kind of action now that ive grown up):grinner:

We left the liquer store with a case of "Olympia beer" and got about 6 bolcks away and had to come to a stop at a light where there happened to be a car ful of very hot chicks. Needless to say there was some ice under the snow at that light and we dumped the bike just as we got to a complete stop and started talking to the girls.

The bike slipped right out from under us and hit her daddys car!:baffled:

Not a very smooth idea or approach at picking up chicks!

The most recent was:

I went for 20+ years in the US Navy without having a bike (owned 3 before I joined).

So My wife finds a friend who has this wing for sale, Yeah soon as I laid eyes on her for $800 bucks, it was all over with.

Sowith weeks of working on herI finally get her started after sitting for almost nine years, roll her out of the garage and head a short distance down the street towards the court (turn around spot for our friends over there).

Now keep in mind, all my neighbors (each and every house) has a Harley. They all know Ive owned a Harley before and they are all giving my grief over buying a 30 year old wing to begin with.

:shakehead:

Half of them are outside enjoying the cool night air and watching me as I ride into the court and just when I go to slow down and sharply turn around and head back home with my head held high for all my hard work, what do I find out about my new bike?

Well needless to say I applied the front and rear brakes smoothly turned the front forks left and released the brakes only to find out too late the front calipers are now frozen closed.

Yes gravity superseded my hefty smile as I laid her down gently like and listened to the neighbors giggle...................

:grinner:

I put about 500 miles on her then went to DMV and challenged the course and passed with flying colors.

(Of course since then I have taken the ERS Course)

Are they heavy? Only when others are watching!

PS: All my neighbors have ridden with me since then on many a run and are all very impressed with my antique wing!:cooler:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

1. forgetting to turn on the petcock on the trainer bike at the Beginner's Riding Course, and having the bike stall out during one of the tests.

2. Thinking that my KZ750 could handle off-road riding, in the winter, on a ice covered hill, then finding out that carbs leak gas when on their sides!

3. Turning around (min radius, forks pegged to the right.) in the parking lot of a local HD dealer while on my wing, stepping in a location where a harley "marked its territory" losing my footing, and dropping the wing on it's right engine guards. Only good thing? No one was there, and no one saw. :cheeky1:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

I had to chide my college dirt bike buddy for committing a mortal sin of dirt riding...using theback brake when you are rolling backwards down hill. He flipped over backwards and rolled elbow over teakettle down the hill. I laughed so hard I nearly soiled myself.

Guess what I did not 5 minutes later? Guess who nearly soiled HIMself?:realshocked:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

1985ish, k2 1000 wing, 3 days in my possession, overtook a car on a steep hill coming out of Lincoln, forgot the 90 degree bend at top, dropped bike broke cylinderhead and gor a fragment in the oilway which jambed the gearbox.

Expensive mistake, purchased crash bars immediately.

1976, Honda 400 4, racing jaguar onn dual carrige way, forgot round about ahead. Bike wouldnt go over far enough, so straightened up and became air born at about 60mph. Landed bike on front wheel, bike in ditch, girlfriend in road, me in road, broken pannier, bent handlebar, rode on regardless!!

I drive and ride like an old fart now, and the one I am looking foward to is the stationary drop, which i am bound to do AGAIN!!!

Pete

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

A few years ago when I was a traffic cop riding a Honda Pan European ST1100 I pulled a driver in for speeding. I stopped to his rear on the hard shoulder which unfortunately had a slight camber to the left. Feeling really smug having nabbed another victim (as you do) I put my left leg down to get off and my boot slid down the camber away from me giving me no option but to lay the bike down on it's side. Ever tried to lift an ST1100 which is not much lighter than a wing. With a big red face and lots of smiles from passing drivers I approached the guy I had stopped who for some reason also had a big grin on his face. He gladly took my offer of being let off with a warning if he helped me lift the bike. :baffled:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

back in the late 60s had a honda benly 125cc ,,In those days the steering lock was independant of the iginition switch ,,,I had come out of a cafe and there were some really nice looking girls standing outside ,,so i decided to show off ,,jumped on the bike, real cool ,started the engine ..lots of revs and took off fast ..only thing was, I had forgotton to open the steering lock ,,ever see a 125 doing a donut?and collapsing on the ground in a heap ,,I jumped up off the ground,opened the steering lock and lifted the bike back up ,started it again and tore off down the road as if nothing happened ,,got round the first corner ,,stopped the bike got off and screamed with pain ,,I had cut my hands and knees ,not to mention a broken mirror and rips in my jeans ,,..looking back now it was funny ,,every time I met those girls after that day they would pass remarks like ,,ya still spinnin,do those bikes also go in a straight line and dont forget the steering lock ...CIARAN

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
back in the late 60s had a honda benly 125cc ,,In those days the steering lock was independant of the iginition switch ,,,I had come out of a cafe and there were some really nice looking girls standing outside ,,so i decided to show off ,,jumped on the bike, real cool ,started the engine ..lots of revs and took off fast ..only thing was, I had forgotton to open the steering lock ,,ever see a 125 doing a donut?and collapsing on the ground in a heap ,,I jumped up off the ground,opened the steering lock and lifted the bike back up ,started it again and tore off down the road as if nothing happened ,,got round the first corner ,,stopped the bike got off and screamed with pain ,,I had cut my hands and knees ,not to mention a broken mirror and rips in my jeans ,,..looking back now it was funny ,,every time I met those girls after that day they would pass remarks like ,,ya still spinnin,do those bikes also go in a straight line and dont forget the steering lock ...CIARAN
Isnt funny how the presence of women make us all do stupid s$%^! :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Harrystoy wrote:
Isnt funny how the presence of women make us all do stupid s$%^! :gunhead:
Aye, and not just on motorbikes, we just go into goof up mode when faced by the fairer sex.

Pete

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

There is not enough space to record all my embarrising moments.

However like most pretty girls feature in the one I'll tell. 16 years old, riding a Honda MT50 trail bike, decided to try pull a wheelie, flipped it, got hurt and had to be recued by the same pretty girls.

I'll record my fathers moment here for the sake of posterity. Wingdawg contain yourself, you to Pete.

He was coming around a tight bend on his AJS650 and ran into or through a flock of sheep. Killed 22 of them.:chopper: to quote him "like a hot knife through butter"

Andrew

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
imported post

Pretty girls and halter tops/short-shorts. Trying to look cool while pumping 3gallons of gas into a 2-1/2 gallon tank on my chopped Triumph (early 70's)......

As has already been said, females and foolishness, we've all been there. :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

God created man with 2 heads, and only enough blood to use 1 at a time.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

Andrewl wrote:

However like most pretty girls feature in the one I'll tell. 16 years old, riding a Honda MT50 trail bike, decided to try pull a wheelie, flipped it, got hurt and had to be recued by the same pretty girls.

I'll record my fathers moment here for the sake of posterity. Wingdawg contain yourself, you to Pete.

He was coming around a tight bend on his AJS650 and ran into or through a flock of sheep. Killed 22 of them.:chopper: to quote him "like a hot knife through butter"

Andrew
looks like haggis is on the menu tonight boys!

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Andrewl wrote:

Andrew
Oh Man, that is too funny, "Sheep Killer Bike",The wool must of been flying everywhere!!!! I guees that's how "Kiwi's' go "Sheep Bowling, New Sport,"lol !!!!:goofygrin:

Now I know why "Andrew" said he doen't own any sheep, His Dad killed them all!:doh:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

philcsand wrote:
No wonder I have so many "Dizzy Spells" !:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
philcsand wrote:
No wonder I have so many "Dizzy Spells" !:goofygrin:
:grinner::goofygrin::smiler::banana:Me too..................

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

My first ride on a motorcycle was about 1957 and was a 50cc Indian that a neighbor was trying to sell me for $50.00. I looked like that greenhorn in "On Any Sunday" with the seller and my sister trying to catch me before I crashed--They didnt make it !

I had a 500/4 Honda in 1972 and rode to a friends house. My friend and his wife were in the front yard so I just had to ride up the slight hill into the yard where they were. The grass was wet and I locked the front brake and ended up with the front wheel against a tree with it turned full left . It took both of them to get me off the tree and my leg was wedged under the bike. The only thing that was hurt was my feelings.

On one of our trips to Canada back in 1983, I was riding a CB1000 with loaded saddlebags and trunk and a wife. We missed a turn and I made a u-turn on a narrow mountain road and flopped the bike over at 2 mph in the middle of road. The road was slanted so it took two to lift up. The only thing hurt was my feelings!!:doh:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Wexman, in 40 years of bikes I've never heard of a guy taking off with the forks locked, that is funny stuff ,I keep replaying that picture in my mind, lol !!!:goofygrin:

The new version is guys taking off with a "Disc Lock" still on the front wheel, ouch!!:baffled:

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
imported post

Man i dont evenwant to mention the time i pulled up to the gas pump, fueled up hopped off and the just bike fell over:gunhead:. NEVER have i forgot a side stand sense then. Sad part is there was not even a pretty girl aroundto see it:cheeky1:Just some old lady who had to drive looking through the steering wheel sneering at me.

Pat

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Trying to ride off on my GL1100 with the disc lock still on. The bike ended up on it's side and I lifted it up and still didn't know what the problem was. I gently tried to ride forward again and then heard the disc lock tipping the fork leg. Only damage was to my pride, just as well I had a FF helmet and sunglasses on as the street was full of people. :blushing::blushing:

1 - 20 of 141 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.