Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I just purchased a 2005 Goldwing. As soon as I start riding, the FI light comes on. Do I need to take it to a dealer for repair, or is it something I can fix?

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
imported post

I think you may need to take it to a dealer and have the bike plug in to see if it is just a faulty sensor or is there an underlying problem either with the bikes ecu or the fuel system its self:(

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

The CO sensors can go bad, especially on earlier models. Before going to the dealer, disconnect the battery and reconnect it and see if that helps.

·
Administrator
27,770 Posts
imported post

with the sidestand down start the engine and let it idle, the light will blink a code. long blink = 1st digit, short blink = 2nd digit, example 1 long and 2 short = 12. Report back here the code, someone or myself will look it up and tell you what the code means.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Thank you for the responses. Since I posted, I found several other things wrong, including an oil leak. I made arrangements with the dealer to have the whole motorcycle fixed, so hopefully they will take care of everything.

I tried starting it with the sidestand down to get a code, but nothing blinked. The FI light does not come on until I started riding it, and with the oil leak, I did not want to ride it until that has been fixed.

Thanks again to all who responded.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.