Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The light flashed 2 long and 4 short on my bike. Can anyone tell me what that code means? 2003 gl 1800 with a 2001 engine Thanks Rae

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

two long blinks = 20

four short blinks = 4

Thus code 24

This code is for the left O2 sensor heater

There is asix step process to inspect this system

Best to buy a service manual for trouble shooting

[align=center]

[/align]

[align=center]Welcome Raewa58[/align]

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thank you so much for your help. However I am not sure what an 02 sensor heater is. I have a service manual and have the bike at a shop but they have not worked on a GW with this problem, He thought it was a throttle sensor. The bike runs fine as far as I can tell. Do you know a page number in the manual or something more I can give him to assist in the repair?
Thanks Rae

·
Administrator
26,534 Posts
imported post

It will run just fine with the O2 heater circuit bad but the light will be on. The sensor has an electric heating element built in to help it get to temperature faster. Probably the sensor itself is the problem and will have to be replaced.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

It'll run okay but you might not have full normal operation with a sensor fault. I haven't delved into the ECU operation but many of the electronic engine controls go into a more consevative mode like a 'get home' mode with a sensor failure. Replacing the sensor could improve driveability, mileage or power if the system is designed like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.