Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm needing some help identifying what's going on with my CB, Intercom, and Radio. What I am trying to do is get rid of everything, but keep my radio functioning. I'm planning on going to a wireless system for rider to passenger communication.

I don't think that any of what I have in here is from the Clarion system.

The top picture is a "Royal am/fm cassette,
Next Picture is Midland CB
Third picture is something that the CB antennae connects to; it is epoxy? and two other antennae cables are embedded in it
Fourth picture is of two boxes that have a host of wires! I am assuming for intercom.

So if I get rid of the CB, and two boxes (keeping the antennae connection for the radio?) I will still have my radio.

It this is a complete jumbled mess of a question I understand . . . just ignore me.

Chuck

Attachments

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Better job of it than what someone did to my brother's 83. All you need is the speakers, power and antenna hooked up to the radio, everything else can be stripped out.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

The 3rd pic is an antenna splitter so 1 cb antenna can feed a signal to the cb and the radio.

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
imported post

What you have there is someone's homebrew project!

In the last picture I can see two relays inside each project box - probably to switch the headset between radio and intercom, and CB microphone/speaker when the transmit button is pressed. Also to switch between the speakers and headset, perhaps? The silver box looks like it has more circuitry than just the relays, it's probably your intercom.

The third picture looks like an antenna splitter, that was built in a small box and filled with epoxy to keep things from moving around.

You might be able to get away with cutting away the intercom and CB, but if it's all wired in with the radio to switch between headset and speakers, you're going to have to do a bit of wiring to keep the radio running, I suspect.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

If I couldhave chosen. i would have kept the CB. The only prob is I didnt have a CB. HAHAH
Sometimes while Alone I wish I could speak to a few other bikers and some truckers.
But I pulled all out and powered my radio with orig power cables and just ran speaker wires.
I ommmited the large radio ant due to only listening to Sirius Radio. I cant stand FM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.