Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Repalced rear wheel bearings and brakes changed oil in final drivetest road 85 aspy after about20 miles I can now here what sounds like splines infinal drive not meshing properly with drive shaft can someone tell me what might be going on?

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

You don't say if the noise was there before you changed the bearings. Did you check the condition of the splines on the wheel and the drive itself? They often wear out, usually due to the lack of a spot of grease. Also, is it possible that you damaged a wheel bearing when fitting them? Either way it will be a wheel out job to check.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Before I changed the wheel bearings there was a poping sound when I took off from astop. There was side to side play in the rear wheel. When I got the old bearings out one was seized and rusty the other was not far behindnow the noise hard to discribe is there all the time almost sounds like a gear with a missing tooth.All the teeth on the driven flange and final drive are square. I now have the final drive out and will take it a step at a time till the problem is solved any help is really appreciated.Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.