Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Like Dubswing. Saturday was decent weather for riding here in NY as well. It wasn't as warm, we onlyhit the high fifties, but it was enough. The sun finally came out about about 2:00 and I figure I was on the road about fifteen minutes later. I spent the ride just enjoying the sun and thanks to some good thermal undies, ignored the cool air. There weren't that many other riders out, I have to admit that surprised me, I'd have enjoyed seeing a few more bikes, maybe then I wouldn't have been getting so many strange looks from everyone else. I stopped ata light in a small town and sawa Harley parked out in front of a small restaurant, next to it was a rider and I assume his sun, both sporting a mustache from the hot chocolate they were drinking from Styrofoam cups. The father looked up at me, smiled and waved, I returned it. The boy suddenly held his helmet up, being sure I could see it and waved as well. As I passed I gave the horn a beep and pointed at him and gave a thumbs up. I could see the pride and happiness in his eyes at being acknowledged by another bike. I couldn't help but remember the same feelings as I rode with my father and my uncle.

Well, I met Wendy when she got out of work at the track and followed her home (but not before getting my reamed out for not having her helmet with me). After we got home, she changed quick and we were off for a ride together. Now at this point is was close to 7 pm and it was dark. so we stayed on off the main roads, kept the speed to about 45 mph and just enjoyed the night ride. It was on this ride that I realized that I was doing something that I had never done before in my life. I was driving around looking at Christmas lights on my bike. We went through small towns and hamlets, anywhere we figured lights would be and enjoyed the ride. We had to slow for a few deer and even came up on a bobcat on the curve of a back road, I think he was as surprised as we were at the meeting.

Anyway, we got in about 9:45, Wendy went in to get coffee going and I washed the bike down, dried is and put the the heater on it to finished drying her off.The next day was sunny andwarm with winds up to 65 and 70 mph, no riding there, and now it's 10 degrees, windy and snow-swept. Now the wing is tucked away and covered with a sheet, waiting.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

I thought about going for a ride too, but there was so much sand and salt on the roads. Unsafe and it destroys the bikes.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

I thought about going for a ride too, but there was so much sand and salt on the roads. Can be slippery and it destroys the bikes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.