Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

In Mid June of this yearI purchased my 96 GL1500. It's my first GW. I've spent countless hours on this forum and received a good deal of valuable information about my bike and just wanted to thank everyone for their help. I can't begin to tell you all how much this forum has helped me understand my GW. I've done everything from changing oil to bleeding the brakes and much more. All with the help of Steve Saunders forummembers.Temp today in Regina Canadais plus 10C and this will be my last rideuntil spring comes to Canada.I'm leaving on a two hourhighway cruiseasmy final ride. I'lltry to keep in touch with the groupthroughout the winter monthsand hopeI can deal with the jealousy of listening to you guys talk about rides over the next few months.Again, thanks for all your help.

Pete

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

Pete,

Now is not the time to dissappear but is the time to read and learn and do all those jobs you have been putting off,

Winter is designed in your area to be maintenance time.

Just because your not able to ride does not stop you visisting here.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

Does the internet get slow when Winter comes to Canada?
We're having a bit of a chill here in Sacramento, it was 45' this morning and I switched to my leather gloves for the ride in on the Duck. Tomorrow through Sunday we may get some rain. Darn it. I'll be thinking of you Canadians not riding every time I hear the honkers flying by overhead.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
imported post

Pfft, I'm in the province immediately west of you and I hope to be riding for at least another 2-3 weeks. As long as it's safe, I'm riding. My Wing is parked behind the office right now. A few years ago I almost took her out on Christmas Day when there was no snow, but my alley was icy. Your Saskatchewanianites are kind of wimpy. :D

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
imported post

I'll probably get my last ride in this weekend.For you guys that ride all year don't feel too bad for me as I will put one scooter away and get another one out.Mines the red one.Almost as much fun as the Wing.We've been known to do 2 to 3 hundred mile days on these when the trails are good.Which they usually are.

Attachments

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Once the salt & cinders are used on the roads, I'm done riding for the season. And it seems to take forever for that stuff to clear off the roads come spring.

Yep, winter is for maintenance and snowmobiling.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
imported post

Took my last annual leave day for this year on Fri.and the wife and I rode for about 5 hours.Was cool and the wife wasn't feeling the best,but she wasn't for missing the last ride.Probably put the Wing into storage this weekend even though it's supposed to be warm next week.I don't ride it to work and I'm sure by next weekend the weather will be crap.Oh well time to get the sleds geared up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.