1,304 Posts
imported post

That is a type 2 David.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

WOW! I thought it was a type 1. What can be added to it?
Thanks,
Sincerely,
David

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

from what i see here . the cb is the only thing that you could add. it has intercom , am / fm .

and a missing button for the men/ adj . the adj is for the clock , the men is for the radio station select buttons .

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
imported post

The blank is for the CB radio. You will need the control unit for the radio face, the handlebar switches, the display and the CB unit that mounts inside the fairing along with the appropriate wiring.

John

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

wda-83wing wrote:
from what i see here . the cb is the only thing that you could add. it has intercom , am / fm .

and a missing button for the men/ adj . the adj is for the clock , the men is for the radio station select buttons .

wda-83wing,

I found that out the hard way. I have to set it with a tooth pic. Once I set it, I just put the toothpick in my right holder. Works well.

Thanks Brother,

David

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

Nightrider1 wrote:
wda-83wing wrote:

wda-83wing,

I found that out the hard way. I have to set it with a tooth pic. Once I set it, I just put the toothpick in my right holder. Works well.

Thanks Brother,

David
:cheeky1:eek:k--i guess that`ll do.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Dadoo wrote:
The blank is for the CB radio. You will need the control unit for the radio face, the handlebar switches, the display and the CB unit that mounts inside the fairing along with the appropriate wiring.

John
John,

I have the radio on the left side, andthe handlebarswitchs for the CB mounted on my handlebars right above my clutch lever. will I still need the control unit? I posted a pic on a post right after this one, and they said it was a control unit/radio tuner. I believe I got that right. What else would I need to add a CB? I have an old car CB on my 80, and it really is a piece of ....Well, Hope you can read between the lines. To Me, On the 83 Aspencade, It looks like someone had added an aftermarket radio there at one time or another, or something, because it has the old mounting screws in it.

Thanks,

David

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
imported post

You WILL need the control unit for the radio face. Also there is a box inside the fairing that houses the tuner. In your avatar, I don't see the station display on the dash. The antenna splitter, as mentioned above, must be there. I can send photos later if you need.

John

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Dadoo wrote:
You WILL need the control unit for the radio face. Also there is a box inside the fairing that houses the tuner. In your avatar, I don't see the station display on the dash. The antenna splitter, as mentioned above, must be there. I can send photos later if you need.

John
John,

I would love to have the photos. Please explain left, right, what they are, and I will match them up with mine.

Thank You!

sicerely,

David

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

I can get a pic of the Dash display. I believe there is one on my links page under any of my post, showing my latest addition.
Thanks,
David

P.S.

I tried clicking on my links button, but all I got was this: Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'goldwing_ultra'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/goldwing/public_html/photopost/pp-inc.php on line 202
I cannot connect to the PhotoPost database. [$php_errormsg]

David

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

Here are the pics I got. The Left Hand Pocker says it is for the tape deck, but I do not have one. There is another control bod behind the Radio. The Blank place where the tape deck wenr may be a good Place to mount my old POS Car CB. Pics coming in a few minutes.
Thanks,
David

For Tape Deck

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

David, you need to get a mod to merge both of the threads you have going about your audio setup. It's better that way as it makes it easier to follow and post replies to just 1 thread.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

Mike,
I agree! Hope a moderator reads this.
Thank You,
Sincerely,
David

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

David, where did you upload the pics too as I don't see them in the photo gallery under your name.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.