Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Thanks to all the help from this site my tired Wing is learning to fly again. Rebuilt the front forks a month ago and installed progressive springs--a nice improvement. Since I had to remove the rear tire to get some badly needed rubber I rebuilt the rear shocks tonight and reinstalled the rear wheel . Since I have the Aspy with the extra light bar getting everything apart is a major pain, so I didn't want to do it again if I could help it. Fresh grease and oil for the rear end as well. Wow, it felt awesome to have a full suspension...and a rear tire with grip! Thanks everybody!

Now, on to the seized up rear brake...

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

sence its a 82 the brakes are not linked and if the rear caliper is locking up i belive youll find that the master cylinder is in need of a good going though. just my thoughts.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yeah, I have the rebuild kit on hand, just need some time to take the master cylinder off the bike and go through it. Thankfully the brake pads are not locked against the rotor, nothing happens when I push the rear brake pedal. Thought I'd start with the master cylinder and then move to the caliper if that doesn't fix the problem. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

dont for get to take the resivore off and clean it too. might even replace the feed line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.